I went back to the BARN and filled my trailer!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HWC

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so I bought the 1939 Firestone Flying Ace a couple weeks back and while I was there, I spotted some other bikes lying around, so I went back on Saturday with a trailer and this is what I found.... There are a total of 11 bikes. Some of them are keepers and some will be good for parts, etc.

PersonalPics2009115.jpg

PersonalPics2009117.jpg

PersonalPics2009116.jpg

thatismytruck said:
Being a large guy I always notice frames that seem a little larger.

What is the black bike over on the right in the back here? Me likey!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/ ... 009140.jpg

It could be an optical illusion as it is next to a very small bike.

That bike is a Westfield Columbia. I suspect it looks larger because if I'm not mistaken, it is supposed to have 27" wheels?

Here's a pic of my two favorite bikes... I'll add some detail pics of these and others.
With a little air in the tires an a new tube on the rear of the red Schwinn, I was able to ride both of these already :D

PersonalPics2009118.jpg

Details on the SPEEDWAY SPECIAL...

PersonalPics2009130.jpg

PersonalPics2009127.jpg

PersonalPics2009123.jpg

PersonalPics2009121.jpg

PersonalPics2009128.jpg

Front brake hub... Cable and lever needed if anybody has one...
PersonalPics2009125.jpg

SPEEDWAY SPECIAL in the back of my 1928 Model A pickup at local old car gathering on Saturday.
Ended up chatting with quite a few folks about the bike and met one fellow with a nice bicycle collection...

PersonalPics2009151.jpg

Some details on the Schwinn...

PersonalPics2009135.jpg

Cool rear reflector...

PersonalPics2009134.jpg

PersonalPics2009132.jpg

Can still read part of decal on chainguard!

PersonalPics2009133.jpg

Cool grips in good condition... This one rides GREAT! :D
PersonalPics2009137.jpg

Don't think this head badge is correct, but it's cool...

PersonalPics2009139.jpg

Wow. :shock:

Nice score on all... but on the speedway in particular, some really good stuff there. Would really liked to have found that... haven't owned a ND three speed yet. :wink:

Unchained said:
Wow. :shock:

Nice score on all... but on the speedway in particular, some really good stuff there. Would really liked to have found that... haven't owned a ND three speed yet. :wink:

The owner wasn't really wanting to part with the Speedway Special, so I agreed to buy all the others and then made "an offer he couldn't refuse" on it.
He had purchased it in 1980 at a thrift store for $14.00! He rode it alot back then and wanted to know if I would ride it and I said "I will get it on the road and ride the heck out of it"!!! :D

Don't think this head badge is correct, but it's cool...
It's correct, World was one of Schwinn's many badges back then. Grips aren't original, old though. ...The Columbia looks to be an early balloon tire model, note how the frame bars bend around the tires. The earlier models w/28" tires are narrower, they were 1 1/2" glue on tires. ~Adam

Wow, awesome finds.

On the ND 2 speed setup, is the "plunger' on the axle under shift knuckle sticking out, or recessed into the axle? If you could tell me this, it would settle a debate I am having with someone from The CABE.

What are the brown wall tires in the fourth picture down on the left side in front of the horse??That tread pattern looks real cool.Man you are a lucky dog on this score!!Unless you paid through the nose ,well then I guess your still a lucky dog!!HAHA

Back