I wish I could ride it...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I new to the ratrod scene and could use some advice. I picked up this Worksman and love the looks and clunkers in general.
But it's just too small. I have a 36" inseam and just cannot make it work for me. I need to sell it and was wondering if I should clunker it out and sell the original pizza pan seat, beach bars and Wald rack separate. I'm in it $125 and some grease so far.
Thanks.
IMG_7187.jpg
IMG_7191.jpg
IMG_7553.jpg
IMG_7555.jpg
IMG_7556.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of inseam! Sucks that it doesn't fit, Worksman frames are great cruisers. Maybe a layback seatpost and higher bars would get you the room you need in there. The INB frame you have is their smaller size, keep your eye out for a M2600, It's the big boy
image-10.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of inseam! Sucks that it doesn't fit, Worksman frames are great cruisers. Maybe a layback seatpost and higher bars would get you the room you need in there. The INB frame you have is their smaller size, keep your eye out for a M2600, It's the big boyView attachment 212434
Thanks for the info. ...., that is a clean Worksman you have there!

120179-IMG-2567-rot.jpg

A Dyno or Kustom Kruiser also may be a better fit for you - do to "pedal forward" design. I have only a 30" inch inseam but I usually have to run my seat post much higher to be comfortable on other bikes...

Awesome bike mr Sailor,

I have a 36" inseam as well and I am having the same issues.
The seat post is usually really high.

There is a cruiser frame (I've never seen in Klunked before) called: Sparta Bullet. It is relatively common here in the Netherlands.

Checkout my towering seatposts:

znqmVfx.jpeg

I dismantled this bike because I did not like the ride geometry.

Mj3hIUy.jpeg

Last weekend the long seatpost bent and I have to fabricate or buy a different one.
This bike rides great! Can keep up with the regular mountainbikers.

An idea might be: Buy a 'retro' mountainbike and build this as a klunker bike. They are a tad bit higher than the cruisers.

I have beefed up a few seatposts by pounding tight fitting solid bar/rod inside of the existing tubing. I've created bent posts by welding the angle with two pieces of rod first and then sliding two pieces of tubing over them and welding the joint again.

I have beefed up a few seatposts by pounding tight fitting solid bar/rod inside of the existing tubing. I've created bent posts by welding the angle with two pieces of rod first and then sliding two pieces of tubing over them and welding the joint again.
Exactly why I follow guys like you. Improvise, adapt, overcome.

Exactly why I follow guys like you. Improvise, adapt, overcome.
Thanks! While I'm not exactly tall, I am longer in the leg than the torso and for me in whatever position I ride, be it leaning in, laid back cruising or a recumbent. I like 30" from the crank center to where my sit bones land on the saddle. Some frames are just too small to do that. Plus I'm almost 230 lbs and I could afford to lose 20 lbs or more but harder to do now that I'm 62 and slowing down a bit. So one of my favorite builds hangs in my studio, because I can't ride it. '53 Lincoln
hangersOn.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 38" inseam, have ridden a lot of dirt in SW UT and if you are going to ride in the dirt on a cruiser conversion, look for a prewar Schwinn or late 90's/early 2000's 22" Schwinn Cruiser Supreme. Having the saddle up on the trail doesn't really matter as much as effective top tube length and both of those options provide useable dirt geometry with the prewar having 23" ETT and Supremes at 24" ETT. If you are just going to cruise around on what you have, just get a proper seatpost to make it comfy.

Stay vintage and save your money. Recycled vintage low cost clunker style rats are what this site thrives on. I bought a 100 dollar wire feed welder for the cost of a "proper" seatpost. Looking forward to seeing your first mockup.

I have two sticks of 3/4" stainless steel rod and thought about making a custom super long seat post (bushed to 7/8"). My question is will this throw the geometry completely off and make it weird to ride? I would also like to put BMX or dirt bike bars and try to make this all work out as a clunker. Can someone please recommend a quill/bmx stem? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back