I would like your thoughts and opinions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on my build. I started with a KHS I got from Craigslist for $25. I started this as a winter project before I found RRB. I still have some work to do like add fenders and a new seat and paint but here she is and would like to know what you think. Brutal honesty is good.
If you have an idea for a name I would like to hear that also. Thanks.

winter%20project%20001.jpg

BC%20bike%20001.jpg

BC%20bike%20003.jpg

BC%20bike%20002.jpg

I'd like it better if the front end was kicked out to a shallower rake, with the front "triangle" shortened a little to maintain ride height.

First of all, that's pretty cool that you made that frame and springer fork. 2nd, I'm looking for pieces of the old frame that you used. Seat stay, maybe?
How did you decide on the dimensions of this frame? Rider geometry? Looks?

First of all, that's pretty cool that you made that frame and springer fork. 2nd, I'm looking for pieces of the old frame that you used. Seat stay, maybe?
How did you decide on the dimensions of this frame? Rider geometry? Looks?

I adjusted the seat on the donor bike so I could sit on it and be flat footed and I like a more upright riding position, so I adjusted the bar and petal locations and transferred the numbers to graph paper and designed the frame from there. I built the bike for comfort most of all .
I used the seat tube ,bottom bracket and stem from the donor bike, the rest is fabricated.
It is a little rough around the edges still but has been a lot of fun building.

Awesome job, I love the front fork and the flame styling on it. How about "DownDraft" for the name? the long downward slope if the top bar from the neck to the back axle. Then the flames make me think of the movie Backdraft = "DownDraft"???

WOW! Great skills to take that blah KHS and turn it into your own creation. How about KHS (Kinda High Springer)?
I dig it man.
You should definitely plan to start a new build for our upcoming 10th Annual Build Off that starts May 1st.
Welcome to RRB!!!!

I see from one of your earlier posts that you are from Colorado.
How about the Mile High Baller?

Latest posts

Back