Id and value help, please

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this little jewel up today.Twin top tube,western flyer hand grips,schwinn messinger seat that has been painted over.Good pedals and crank,straight fenders,chain guard,good wheels(front wheel missing one spoke),super komet rear hub.Handler bars are tack welded to the stem and the whole thing was spay bombed black over yellow over blue.BB serial# MUR 23346 It has no head badge and the chain guard is painted over.Is this thing worth anything whole or in parts?
Thanks,Randy

[ ][/url]

After a little more sanding on the BB,I see I have made a mistake.It says MOR 2053 then 23346 below it.After a little more research on here and other sites,I think this may be a Murray built Western Flyer.I'm thinking it is from the '60's.Any help with year and model would be great.
When I asked about value it was for possible sale of parts to fund a build of a 26" Murray banana seat muscle bike clone.My wife said it would look good a light blue,so I might rebuild it for her.I don't want to give the impression that I am just trying to profit from this.Thanks again

Back