ID my bike. Huffy? Monark? Western Flyer?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Huffy, Monark, or Firestone?

looks like a huffy chainwheel with a firestone guard is why I said that, the W could be for western auto... or not... :lol:

I think all three of your guesses were correct. I have a Firestone badged Huffy bike built by Monark (Huffark) that is identical so I'd probably go with that. Mine is a '69 Firestone Warrior. I think the first number of the serial denotes the last digit of the year "X3" and you just have to figure out the decade.

Oh and I'd sell you the fenders from it if you were interested. The color is red fading to silver :wink:

Well, you bike is by Huffy, between 1961 and 1965. After this, Huffy redesigned the frame and installed plastic chrome bullets in place of the chrome rounded caps. The number to go by is the rear dropout serial number (by the wheel). However, the "w" you speak of throws me off.

Yes, definatly a Huffy built bike, the chainring, forks and chainguard are dead give aways. As for the numbers "W 11XXX...", the "W" signifies it was to be Western Flyer, as an "S" would be Sears/J.C.Higgins, an "H" for Huffy and an "HW" for Hiawathas. I have a 61' Huffy built J.C.Higgins Deluxe with the same chainguard but with the earlier chainring. Id say it was a 61' (but the chainring makes me think 71') and sold as either a Western Flyer or (less likely) a Sears/J.C. Higgins with a "W" designated frame like yours and like my 61' JCH also starts with a "W". The 505 or 506 I think was a cataloge number or something.

Latest posts

Back