ID this Rat?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ulu

Stinky Old Fish
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone point me to photos of this bike. I don't have a fast connection, and searching thru photos is rather slow here.
tanker.jpg

Thanks Rusty. I will check them out. I am considering building a bike similar to this, by adding a scratch built tank to a ladies prewar Rollfast. It’s already a tanker.

It’s a rideable bike but it’s crusty and the guy wants $495. That’s a lot to pay for a donor bike that I’m gonna chop.

Last edited by a moderator:
For $495, it would have to have the original paint, be rideable as-is, and not be missing any parts, especially the tank. Also, it'd have to be a boy's bike, not a girl's step-through bike. That's way too high a price for me, especially if it's something I'm going to modify beyond restoration. Do you have pictures of the bike you're looking at buying? It might be easier to tell whether or not that bike's worth nearly $500 if we knew how it looked.

For $495, it would have to have the original paint, be rideable as-is, and not be missing any parts, especially the tank. Also, it'd have to be a boy's bike, not a girl's step-through bike. That's way too high a price for me, especially if it's something I'm going to modify beyond restoration. Do you have pictures of the bike you're looking at buying? It might be easier to tell whether or not that bike's worth nearly $500 if we knew how it looked.
If it's a Vintage Rollfast it could possibly be worth the money, especially if it's original paint and parts.. Just take a look once on flee bay and you know how true this is.. That's actually a fair price for this bike... You could definitely find cheaper that's for sure.. I pick up girls bikes from the 40"s -60's for FREE to 20.00 bucks at times... Good luck.. Razin..

If it's a Vintage Rollfast it could possibly be worth the money, especially if it's original paint and parts.. Just take a look once on flee bay and you know how true this is.. That's actually a fair price for this bike... You could definitely find cheaper that's for sure.. I pick up girls bikes from the 40"s -60's for FREE to 20.00 bucks at times... Good luck.. Razin..
I can't say I trust ebay's prices/sold for values much anymore. Most everything I've seen for sale there is overpriced. But yeah, I can usually find bikes for cheaper. I can also find cheap bikes priced like they're worth their weight in gold!

I can't say I trust ebay's prices/sold for values much anymore. Most everything I've seen for sale there is overpriced. But yeah, I can usually find bikes for cheaper. I can also find cheap bikes priced like they're worth their weight in gold!
Hey Austin, I actually have a 60's Rollfast girls bike that was originally painted Purple that was painted over as a FREE bike that i haven't done much with that has some potential. I'll have to give this some thought.. Thanks for sparking my interest... RaToN... Razin...

The Rollfast is rideable but there is no way that this bike is worth $495. I saw a nicer one on eBay for $365.

I have no interest in Rollfast bikes.

I wouldn’t even buy the bike to restore it. It’s only project material to me.

I should’ve taken a picture of the whole bike. I took this one just to figure out what make it was.

6999591B-A950-4769-9FD9-F8F47BD888CE.jpeg

It did not have the original seat, all the chrome was very rusty and all the paint was worse than what you see in this photograph. But this looks like a 1930s bike to me.

Back