ideas for this old frame!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. About 2 weeks ago my mather in law gave me this frame of a old chilean bike, the brand es "mini cic" and the model is "H" (for the shape of the frame) it's a 20'' and I want to know if you guys can give me some ideas to do some modifications to it and make it look cool heheheheheh (color, shape modifications, sea modification, handlebar... you get the point) anyone????

greetngs!
1395051_576764665712317_1891129631_n_zps2831e978.jpg.html

It looks like an old folding bike but I don't see the break in the frame where it would fold. The steer and seat tubes have clamps to allow the steer and seat posts to sit down in them. Is it a "travel" bike?

I'd add some gussets to the corners of the frame at the steer and seat tubes first. Then go with as fat as possible tires, shorty fenders, a comfy seat and take it wherever you go! Color?.....make it loud!

A gusset is flat steel or aluminum welded to frame tubes where they meet to reinforce the connection.
Bungalow-Bikes%20Frame%20Gusset.jpg

LukeTheJoker said:
Looks a bit like a Raleigh 20...
Fat tire on the rear would be awesome, maybe skinny front tire, banana seat and ape hangers! 8)

Luke.
For sure, I have one, Wanna have a bike build off? Mine came with a 3 speed and a rusted out 20 1 3/8 wheels. Im going 20's and front suspension. Check out what Sheldon Brown did with his Raleigh 20

Back