ideas on a unique thing...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, the other day a friend of mine gives me a 15 speed 26 inch Kent hard frame

ive decided i want a functional but in-your-face kind of commuter from this little toy. i started by swapping the front three gears with a single speed gear, making it a 5 speed.
my main idea is to put just one disc brake up front and nothing in the rear, chrome triple tree forks, im not sure on the stem yet(or if i will use the same style as occ), im thinking split bars, but so far, ive noticed i have to really lean forward to reach the bars on this thing. so im not 100% sure yet on what im doing there. im thinking an over sized sissy bay and a rear rack with baskets and leather bags(like i said, i want serious function from this thing.) Im alos thinking square fat slick in the back and low profile street tire up front.

paint im thinking matte black with a simple blue detail line.

over all, i just wanted some ideas from others. and to see what most of you think.

the only things i cant think of what to do is the seat and the shifter.

please and thanks.

Functional commuter- Like Cman says ride it, then build. If it has a rigid fork, you may want some form of suspension rather than a tripple tree. And a comfy saddle. Leaning forward is good to cutdown on wind resistance on your commute.

Latest posts

Back