If Santa Rode A Rat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"my chrome is shinin just like an icicle. i ride around town on my lowrider bicycle... bicycle... bicycle" - beastie boys (Adrock I think?) :mrgreen:

all i could come up with, sorry :lol:

october said:
it needs a lump of coal... maybe a shift knob?
Hey that's a good idea. Just so happens the wheel I'm using is a 3 spd. I really didn't want to take the time to rig the shifter up though since the bike is just temporary. Without the shifter the hub in it's natural state would be in high (hard) gear. I wanted it in low gear though so what I did was weld a cap on an axle nut and screwed it on to push the shift rod in.
Where do you get a lump of coal anyway? Guess I should have saved some of those I got as a kid.

handlebars_striped.jpg

I've got another idea or two and trying to come up with others. Maybe you'll get to see it whole before too long.

Awesome! would need some new grips and something else than zip-ties tohold up the tankplate!

cool, a reindeere logo on the seat tube too ! like the tank paper looks great. Please tell me a pic/vid of a santa & bicycle sighting is next :?:

Wrap black electrical tape around the bars under the grips.

Bike looks Way Cool!

Nice job, Randy. Looks like John Deer moved to the North Pole, or does Santa use the name John in the summer job working in the fields. I hope those flame tread tires can melt a path in the ice for us on our Xmas ride this Thursday. Question now is what bike is Nova going to ride on Thursday. Can't wait to see the Coasters, because of the cold its been 3 or 4 weeks without a pub cruize, and I miss it, I want to be some place warm. We are hopefully going to have Xmas bikes for the ride, I think there will be a Xmas pony, and my bike is waitng for an Ebay order to arrive. Dangerous Dan.

Hugo... white tires would be cool. That's something to consider if I do this again.

Dan...
Art of the Bicycle: pouring rain
20" night: rain leading up to
Cardboard box night: wind
Midwest Bicycle Fest: rain and wind
Christmas Cruise: we deserve a break. Hopefully at least no rain/sleet (snow might be ok) and no wind. Temps in the 60s wouldn't be bad either.

Nova says she's going to decorate a bike, Not for sure which or how. Looking forward to seeing those brave souls who come out.
Now off to find my long johns.

Back