if you where going to buy a

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RollsRoyce

Have a look around:

http://www.electrabike.com/

DSCN1980-719365.JPG

400px-Cruiser_RatRod.jpg

05_str_31.jpg

for new bikes? i would definately go with the electra, or maybe even nirve crusers. both have MAD style...

I wholeheartedly recomend Electra. I bought 3 of them earlier this summer for myself my wife and my daughter, and could not be happier with them.

All 3 of them are headturners. The wife and I own a small clothing boutique in a tourist town and ride our bikes to work and park them in front. A day doesn't go by that at least one person comes into the store with questions about the bikes. I'm sure I've probably sold a couple for the bike store owner! Mine is the same bike as the blue one in Ratfink's top picture.

Dennis

Buzzy, I'd like to encourage you to check out "Performance Bicycle" on FM1960. I have been highly impressed with this shop....and they carry darn near the complete line of Nirve brand cruisers.

The highest priced Nirve cruiser there is $349 ....AND they've been running additional sales as well...so you could save some more.

It's worth the drive to check that place out. I plan to hit that shop....and 2-3 others on 1960 tomorrow afternoon.

cman said:
If you want a 3spd Electra or Nirve better increase your budget to $400 per bike.
What I was going to say, they're pretty expensive.
Personally I'd buy something that one or two years old, and is that much cheaper.

if money fell outta the sky and i could swing the $400 price tag id like to have this as far as a new bike, it was @ a bike shop in centralia, il, i usually hate red but love this one for some reason

chief.jpg

my wife kinda liked this one $300 ss $500 3xspeed

claire.jpg

this is hers now its an 03 cruiser 4 we got at our LBS Wiggs bike shop in Benton , Il it was $200 (bought my 01 at the same time and he knocked $100 off total)

100_0038.jpg

and mine (i really wanted the one my wife got but it was the only black/white multi speed left)

100_0036.jpg

we got these when we(i) didnt have a pile of bikes layin round, we got em just based off looks and wanted somethin besides a single speed. Ive mentioned before the same bike shop has some of the cruiser deluxe 7's for $350, might be worth checkin out if your near (but your probly not, im in the styx) we only ride maybe 2-3 miles at the most tho without stoppin, i rarely use 3rd/4th gears tho, so i think i coulda got by with a SS just fine in actuality. still glad we got em tho,

thx to all

TexasXXX,i have been to alot of bike shops of of 1960 and the one i liked the most was daves cycels i dont recall going to "Performance Bicycle" where is it exactly on 1960 ?

hey went to woodlands for ride this past sat. was good rode went down the water way and around the mall it was a good ride thought it was going to rain but never did ,this next weekend we are going to hershey park

http://www.pct3.hctx.net/PTerry/

I live in the woodlands there are over 40 miles in trails. I try to ride the trails everyday.

crt95 said:
I live in the woodlands there are over 40 miles in trails. I try to ride the trails everyday.

what routes do you take have any maps? or sugestions for a nice 4or 5 mile ride i ride with my wife and 7 year old doughter any info woulde be nice

I have 3 good Friends who own Shop's

I love the New Bikes and Style's...very well thought out!

( 1 ) For Style I would Pick "Electra"
( 2 ) Then I'd Pick "Felt"
( 3 ) Then Nirve
( 4 ) Then Del Sol

all are built well.......

peace,
Kev.

WOAH!!! Someone else from my area here!!!!!!! :shock:

I usually park in the Panther Creek shopping center...and ride from there.

As for Performance Cycles on 1960 .....I'm trying hard to remember what cross street they are located on.........I believe as you come from 45 and head west they are just past Kurkendahl (I'll bet I murdered that spelling) on the right hand side. It's a big shop with two huge signs....can't miss it.

I also like Dave's cycles......REALLY nice shop also....but just a bit pricier also. Saturday my wife and I hit Performance, Dave's and strictly BMX/Freestyle shop that's located way out Hwy 6 in Copperfield called "ORP" I'm working on a few 20" BMX bikes and needed some parts.

I'm hoping that in a couple weekends we can get together for a cruise. I've got to help my brother move down to 242 this next weekend....so I'm not sure if I'll have time to ride then or not.

crt95 - I sent you a private message, so if you haven't seen it yet, be sure to check it out. Just a few ideas on potential rat material.

TexasXXX said:
WOAH!!! Someone else from my area here!!!!!!! :shock:

I usually park in the Panther Creek shopping center...and ride from there.

As for Performance Cycles on 1960 .....I'm trying hard to remember what cross street they are located on.........I believe as you come from 45 and head west they are just past Kurkendahl (I'll bet I murdered that spelling) on the right hand side. It's a big shop with two huge signs....can't miss it.

I also like Dave's cycles......REALLY nice shop also....but just a bit pricier also. Saturday my wife and I hit Performance, Dave's and strictly BMX/Freestyle shop that's located way out Hwy 6 in Copperfield called "ORP" I'm working on a few 20" BMX bikes and needed some parts.

I'm hoping that in a couple weekends we can get together for a cruise. I've got to help my brother move down to 242 this next weekend....so I'm not sure if I'll have time to ride then or not.

:mrgreen:
Yes all of us in the area need to have a meet and greet ride in the woodlands some time soon who would like to organize it? I suggest sometime in sept.

buzzy said:
Yes all of us in the area need to have a meet and greet ride in the woodlands some time soon who would like to organize it? I suggest sometime in sept.

I'll step up to the plate :mrgreen:

As for September....heck yeah...but I also wouldn't mind doing an early morning ride in a couple weeks too.....maybe an early Saturday morning and then do lunch somewhere.

Once we decide on a date I'll start spreading the word around......

Back