I'm HOME!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am stoked to have found this site! I've been doing the rat rod bike thing since way before it was cool. My 3 brothers and I just built whatever we could ride from what we found or bartered for.

Nearly 25 years of youth ministry and an interest in all things mechanical has let me help many students get wheels under them from basic commuters to rookie trithalon rides. Kids still call me up and say 'I found a lugged frame on the side of the road, do you think we can build it?' of course!

Everything I see is a potential art project. I can't look at a car or bike or mortersickle without saying, 'you know it could be cool if...' I built my first on purpose rat rod bike about 12 years ago. '62 Schwinn Corvette 5 speed. Real glass eye as a sifter knob- need I say more? She's due for a total makeover, probably this winter. I have a early '90s Nishiki mointain bike that is also in line for a ratrodredo. My 16 year old daughter and I built her a '53 Schwinn last summer. Custom paint, wide whites, medium weight fenders, little white polka dots on the seat. She loves it. I'll pin stripe it for her this weekend since she FINALLY decided on a color.

Still in full time ministry, working with students and leading worship.
Pinstriping anything that will hold still- getting paid for it gives me money for stupid stuff like bikes/cars/guitars.
Driving a rat rod style 65 Fairlane- satin black paint, red interior, fat tires, what it lacks in fast it makes up for in loud.
Keepin' it real

Welcome. My last classic car was a 65 Fairlane. Looking forward to seeing yours.

I'll try take some pics this weekend, perhaps as I'm striping the daughter's bike. I did some noodling around here trying to figure out how to post pics but I'm having some trouble. Is there a thread or instruction manual somewhere?

Back