I'm new!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, I love this board. I've been building ridiculous bikes for several years, and this is right up my alley.

Without further ado, here's what I built:

82 Schwinn Cruiser - Bought on consignment from the local cyclery.
Single-speed converted to 5 with Krate shifter, Wald apes.

63 Schwinn American - 24-incher procured (in stock form) from a former co-worker, for the princely sum of $25. BMX fork extended 30 inches. Huffy tall sissy bar.

60's (?) Columbia tandem. "Long Way Back From H***".

Schwinn 10-speed converted to (sorta) Manta-Ray clone.
Before

During (it's finished now - Mag sprocket, cables, new tyres, etc.)

Ones that got away:

"The Blue Bus" was sold to a longtime friend, to finance my drinking habit.
78 Typhoon. Yard sale find, $25 stock (with horn/headlamp & uber-brittle yellow plastic child seat-of-death).
My first build. Custom apes by Fulton Metal Werks, Ashland IL.

The "Spitfire." A 1956 basket case Schwinn Spitfire, also bought at a yard sale, for $50. Powder coated frame & wheels, Electra bars & tires.

Projects...

Another straight-bar frame. $5 from the local Schwinn shop, after much prodding. I've got an idea to do it up like Multipass did here:
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=471

WOw! Such a vast quantity of bikes, thanks for sharing. I like your use of the sacred Schwinn shifter.

Yeah, the shifters are tricky to come by nowadays.

As for the stick on the black bike, I found it on a basket case fastback "project" some kid was selling at a yard sale a couple of years back.
$50 for the whole thing, I scavenged it for parts (Mag, shifter, bars),
then gave the rest (wheels, frame) to my buddy.

As for the "Monster-Ray" project (the red 5-speed), I picked that shifter
up at a Stingray swap meet for $100, a few years back, with vague plans
for it. It turns out it was missing several key internal pieces (unbeknownst
to me at the time), that I later had to scramble to find.

Learning is fun!

right up youre alley

U definitely found a home here, U fit right in. The 63' american chopper brings back memories,...BUT the Tandem is AWSOME!.....WELCOME 8)

That tandem is awesome, if MadMax rode a tandem, that would be it!

The '58 Spitfire sure jumped out and got my attention - Hmmmmm, I wonder why that is?? :mrgreen:

Very cool fleet of bikes you have there.

-Mp

SWEET!

Love all the bikes man, Keep up the good work! I Like that black 1 with the springer, kinda dx lookin 1.. And the 1 on the top nice

welcome to the board i saw your post i also have a schwinn like yours i'm still not sure of the year but she's got 24 inch apes stick shift and bananna seat mine was originally a 5 speed though i like what you've done :D

Latest posts

Back