I'm starting to love the flea-market

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, just got back from Germany, (didn't see you there Nickname :mrgreen: ). But if you guys are looking for parts, I can look around.
I think I have at least one set of drum-brake hubs (3 speed) in my shed.
But they're very heavy, shipping will be steep : (

I was hoping to find an old BMX in Germany, but saw none. Only saw one cruiser, but a nice one :D
1140914332_d774b530c0.jpg

yeah the bike's a Felt taxi... quite good looking, for sure. A bit on the gadget side though (in my opinion).
Obviously, guys, we got what it takes to start a righteous RRB European chapter, if not a real business :wink:
And as for ebay, yes there's a french one... I think there's an ebay dedicated to almost every country in the world.

I somehow got on the japanese (i think it was japanese) ebay once, pretty freaky (hope i didnt buy anything :lol: ) i musta followed a link to it er somethin cause i dont know how to type that URL. Wish there was a decent flea market close to me, st louis is 2 hours away, anything close is either department store auctions, garage sales or farmers markets.

Hugo, I like your new slogan. Its a lot simpler than the one about "where I come frome there are no white walls, no nothing"

keep searching!!!

well CCR, I've been browsing the US ebay a lot these days, and you can find a lot of really cool things... I almost bought a vintage (52 or 53) Schwinn there for 35 bucks, except the seller didn't want to bother shipping it to me (France's too far, said he).
So you at least have got the chance to be in the US, and I'm sure you could make a few nice finds.

In a way, every national ebay has its interest : i.e. the UK ebay is probably the best place in the world for used Brooks saddles. Every kind of condition, price or model...

And I'm sure you could find incredible things in every other country.

Is there ever any old american bikes on France's Ebay?

nope :(
unfortunately I've never found one. The one I was about to buy was on ebay US.
But as far as vintage parts go, you mostly find european stuff. But some saddles, handlebars, pedals, lights etc... are really worth buying.

musclebikes said:
Is there ever any old american bikes on France's Ebay?
in germany you sometimes can find imported ones....sometimes :roll:

...didn´t see you either, skywalker :wink: ...but maybe i´ll come to fbi amsterdam next year...

Hey bike-guys from Europe,

I just checked our local version of 'Craigslist'. (It's been around very long, last year it was bought by eBay, the dutch don't sell/buy much on eBay, it's all 'Marktplaats').
I saw some Schwinn's, a JC Higgins, some 70-s musclebikes...
I dunno if you guys don't mind a little drive, but shipping won't be as expensive as shipping from the US. Bikes are more expensive though...
And it's in Dutch, haha!
But if you'd like to check it, here's the way to go:

http://www.marktplaats.nl/
On the left side, click "Fietsen en Accessoires", then scroll down and select "Oldtimers", then you might wanna select "Fotogalerij" (so you get the pics, instead of text and tiny pics).

Have fun!

waow !
I just followed your link Skywalker... and it's just a great place to buy bikes !
Too bad I can't read Dutch, but well, I might ask you a few guidelines, should I decide to bid on something, there.
The few cruisers to be found there look great, and some of the other bikes are just mean too ! All the transport bikes look definitely cool, and the 30's trike makes me dream of what it could look like, with a bit of rat rod magic work on it...
Thanx a lot !

Here's my flea market catch of the day, one chainring and one small taillight, NOS, 1 euro each.

dsc01675qw8.jpg

There was also a box full of funky NOS grips, 0.5 euros a pair. Anyone interested?

dsc01673jr3.jpg

And I also saw this, a Sturmey Archer musclebike shifter. It looked quite beat up and the indicator didn't work. I wasn't convinced at 10 euros.

dsc01674fk6.jpg

Next week, same place, same time!

Hugo

I'm with Randy!!

You just showed me "The Junk"
ok, where do I start ?

are their any "oury" grips in there ?
are their any "Okley" grips in there ?

are their any "Ame" Grips in there ?

PM me with a few Brand names.
I would be VERY interested in hearing what names they are,
Thanks,
Kev.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they're all no-brand generic grips. The lady that was selling them also had about 6 other pairs out of the box, just like the ones on the pic.

Oh wait, all the grips say "Hutch", do you know that brand? :mrgreen: Just kidding, I'm pretty sure they're all no-brand grips.

Hugo

Back