Im Stupid, and my bike is Broke Help me..!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok so here i picked up this Krusty JesseJames complete chopper off CL for like $30 bucks.. starting to regret even getting it but Agh..
480094_370396743031484_1638176535_n.jpg

600061_370396756364816_1237554699_n.jpg

so this is what i was working on and i just started to get soo frustrated that i just had to stop and come get some 'professional help'

issue 1... the back screw for the chain guard is messed up,
soo rusty that the head stripped when i tired to unbolt it, then i tried to clamp it with players and visegrips but nothing, i even got so enraged i started beating the chainguard tab with a hammer like a Moron 'kew it was a bad idea at the time but did it anyways' ended hitting the chainstay once, who would have guessed :roll:
558073_370396849698140_2012309865_n.jpg

im not mad at myself for this, just feel stupid'er :oops:
since it has a dent in the side of the frame 'from the fork' aswell.. im just gonna fill all the 'bull' up with bondo... :lol:
just gonna cut the guard tabs off any now, looks ugly to me so whatever.. 'wanna save the chainguard incause one of you here wants it' cause i dont :p

issue 2... The all Famous Stuck Seatpost AGGGGHHH...
some fat idiot raised the seatpost almost double the 'MAX Limit' and this is how i got it...
558117_370396816364810_192292391_n.jpg

urgh.. how am i gonna fix this??? :?
562840_370396843031474_2116977653_n.jpg

561133_370396799698145_1253718573_n.jpg

does anyone have an alternitive in doing a clamp post for this bike?
cause im considering just cutting off the top of the mast and 'comming up with a way to weld a clamp under the frame 'like the Occ frames
'or find a clamp that fits the Oversized seatmast <-__->
and last option i have is just welding a seatpost straight in the mast.. >> 'dont have a welder yet though'

'Note i plan on using a sissy bar and Banana seat on this bike'

Please comment any suggestions.. 'i never had a bike with such a thrashed seatmast before' :x

For the chain guard- Drill the center of the top of the screw with a bit a little larger than the size of the threaded part. Once you get through the head the chain guard will be free.

For the seat post- If you are not planning on saving the seat post lock in a vice (bicycle upside down) tight enough to crush it about half way. Use the frame for leverage and twist it until free.

udallcustombikes said:
For the chain guard- Drill the center of the top of the screw with a bit a little larger than the size of the threaded part. Once you get through the head the chain guard will be free.

For the seat post- If you are not planning on saving the seat post lock in a vice (bicycle upside down) tight enough to crush it about half way. Use the frame for leverage and twist it until free.
there a way i can just cut the top of the mast off then use the bottom for clamp.. like switch the clamp from top of the frame to under the top tube?

A hacksaw or dremal with a cut off disc will take it right off as far welding it underneth I'm not sure on the you my have to get another searpost clamp that one looks toasty

big kountry said:
A hacksaw or dremal with a cut off disc will take it right off as far welding it underneth I'm not sure on the you my have to get another searpost clamp that one looks toasty
should prob just weld in a post and clamp that will accept a 7/8s so i could use a banana huh?

Back