InaHUFF...... edited 7/24

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Newbie gonna try his hand at this.
Starting with a late 60's/early 70's (??) huffy frame that found it's way to my doorstep a couple weeks ago. I posted it on a fresh finds thread, and a few of you pleaded me to put it out of it's misery :)
Here's the thread link:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16170

001-3.jpg

Also picked up a Huffy brand Exerciser at the curb. Seems wrong not to meld the two, so here's a pic of the doner "bike".

010-3.jpg

014-2.jpg

So far, I have $0 cash outlay in this. Going to try and keep it that way. I traded a curb find for the whitewalls. Would prefer a fatter tire, but the price was right. Never heard of the brand before...... "The Silver Star Tire". Wheels are cheapo walmart curb finds.

Of course, I'm not sure where I"m going with it yet. Seems the exerciser has pretty much picked part of the paint scheme for me. The seat is hidous, but I'm going to make it work somehow.

Thanks for lookin.......
Regards,
Jules

And yes, the weightwatchers seat had to go :)
022-2.jpg

7/24
Well, recieved the notice that there was only a week left in the buildoff. Reminded me that I should at least publicly bow out gracefully. About month ago, a friend of mine stopped in, and decided he had to have this thing worse than I had to finish it. So I let him talk me out of it. Here's where she was the day a let go of her. Next build, I'll take considerably more serious........
Truly enjoying the progress of the more serious entrants. I'm humbled by your creativity.
Regards,
Jules

And yes, the weightwatchers seat had to go....... :)

003-12.jpg

001-21.jpg

Re: InaHUFF......

glad to see your in jules!!! but just be careful with mending the two of those together, one of the rules states no major frame changes that change the original lines of the frame. or something like that. im sure somebody else will jump in and regulate for me. cant wait to see where you take this!!

Easy E

right on!!!
...whatcha gonna do with those wheel discs?????? :mrgreen:

Elvis - No worries. I'd love to weld on her, but I read the rules......

Markm - Seems a sin not to use the discs, but their plastic...ugh. We shall see.

Rudolf - Thanks!

HotRodRob said:
The first pic looks like the bike pulled up its pantlegs..lol.

you should rename it as the "panty dropper!!"

Easy E

You have got some very cool parts there. This one gonna be nice.

quick mockup........

As suspected, the seat is just posterior ugly. If I'm going to stay true to the exerciser, I'm going to have to get creative. :?

Leaning toward running a 26 in the rear, and a 24 in the front.

002-2.jpg

Back