INDIAN Bicycle Questions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, This post is a question.
Do we have anyone that might know anything about bikes Badged with Indian ... With wooden wheels. At what point did wood wheeles dissapear from cycling
190? / 19teeens ??
I have ahead of me proably the closest thing Im gonna find to a Barn Bike ...LOL It's an Attic Bike
and Im a closin in on it. I have been told it's all there except the rear wheel . Dying to learn more about them
Hope to see it soon.
Any response is appriciated.

The wood wheels stopped around the early teens. If you are ever lucky enough to find an Indian,TAKE IT! They are rare and pretty valuable :wink: Hope to see pics if you get it 8)
Nick :mrgreen:

Wow you got a score staring you in the face there. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICTURES! I had an Indian Moped last year that I pulled out of a barn with 300 and some miles on it. I've never seen an Indian bicycle though! I ended up trading my moped for two VW jettas.

The metal clad wood rims came around in the late teens/early 20s, and the clad rims faded after the intro of balloon tires in 33. I think the old rims were still available until 38ish on some brands. I also have a '58 parts catalog that has a listing for 28" singletube tires, but with a note that production of those ended on 10/1/56. -Adam

If it is badged "Indian" and with wood rims---great find!
If it has an Indian in the badge(like Chief)also a great find!
Indian with 26X1&3/8" tires--good find.

Good moning everyone. All good news here. Thats great way to start the day !
So here is the Story tod to me about this old relic ..........
Ok so there I was re roofing this guys roof & we find this old Bike in the attic. The tear off crew has no Idea what it is & it go's instantly in to the dumpster, Vomanose Amigos.

Super , Boss, Person on seen overseing the job spots it going into dumpster. Post haste He recovers everything but the rear wheel from dumpster. It now has a new home.

Ok , so now I need a new roof & it's time to go thru all the formalitys involved with getting a new roof installed. After spending about 20 min. with the gentelman Bonding & signing the paperwork .

I ask him , Ok soooo what do you collect or if you do not collect what kinda old artifacts might you have hanging around you might want to get rid of. .... you all know... The hustle LOL.

This is how I found out about the bike. A simple smile followed buy a simple question to a total stranger. Just that fast lol.

So now I wait till I see him next to find out more. .
They start the tear off monday so I will know more then about my posiable options on the bike.

What should I offer him fo the bike. ??? Other than knowing the Indian thing would be pretty cool I have no Idea what its worth. Obviously the less $$$$ the better but what would be fair ??

There you have it, Thursday Sept. 2, 2010 Now you know almost the whole story !!!

Everyone have a Bright Sunshiney Day,
Stephen / Wingman / Nitrodilbert

missing the rear wheel....id offer 200-300 depending on the condition/year/whats missing....like you said it missing the rear wheel and those can be hard to find as well as pricey sometimes. if its in decent condition go towards 3 if its poor go toward 2....
either way i bet youll both be happy with something in there

Back