Indiana Swap Meet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Krateness said:
A week and counting!

YESSIREE!!! I'm finishing REAPER this week, getting my list of other bikes to show and/or sell about ready and everything else to go with it all. And BTW.....I'll have a handful for sale there and a list of everything for sale with me too...... :mrgreen:

I'm looking for a few specific things if anyone has this stuff to bring.
Mens Monark pedals
Monark Seat with crash rail
Nice wide white walls 26x2.125 originals
front fender for a Western Flyer X53

I am looking forward to it….As far as needs go…Here is my list if anyone wants to coordinate a sale ahead of time. Can’t afford it all, but it’s a wish list! Here are the bikes I am working on and what I am looking for.

64 Huffy built Firestone –
Tank light to fit this pic http://www.watsonfx.com/fstone4.jpg (I would REALLY like to find one of these!)

60s Typhoon parts –
Black/White mens Schwinn "S" seat
clean Schwinn middleweight rear rack. Not sure what it is called, but it is the metal frame with small round reflectors.

46 Schwinn DX –
Mens Mesinger seat (B1?)
Black oval script grips

JC Higgins – pic http://www.watsonfx.com/higgins1.jpg
Skip tooth Murray crank/sprocket
Men’s tank

Terry66 said:
I am looking forward to it….As far as needs go…Here is my list if anyone wants to coordinate a sale ahead of time. Can’t afford it all, but it’s a wish list!

64 Huffy built Firestone –
Tank light to fit this pic http://www.watsonfx.com/fstone4.jpg (I would REALLY like to find one of these!)

60s Typhoon parts –
Schwinn clover crank/sprocket – prefer no rust
Schwinn middleweight fork – paint isn’t important, but solid, straight, etc. Prefer to have bearings, races, etc.
Black Schwinn grips
Black/White mens Schwinn "S" seat
clean Schwinn middleweight rear rack. Not sure what it is called, but it is the metal frame with small round reflectors.

46 Schwinn DX –
Mens Mesinger seat (B1?)
Black oval script grips

JC Higgins – pic http://www.watsonfx.com/higgins1.jpg
Skip tooth Murray crank/sprocket
Men’s tank

I'd like to see the black & white seat please.

I will have alot of bikes available that could be good for restoration or parts. IA few lightweight cruisers, mountain bikes, kids bikes, etc.

Chips_Mahoy said:
oldschool76 said:
Tammy called me today, all 60 swap meet spaces are now sold. I am #3 on the wait list.

Pat M.
Columbus,IN

Oops..... I didnt think about pre-registering for a vendor slot.
Usually guys who don't get a spot inside just set up stuff outside in the parking lot by their cars

Can't wait for this show! I'll be looking for parts for a '56 Green Phantom and hopefully showing my Pea Picker. It's odd that there is only 60 spaces. I thought this was going to be in a fairground building? Would have figured it would have been large enough for more than 60 spaces...

rusty513 said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
oldschool76 said:
Tammy called me today, all 60 swap meet spaces are now sold. I am #3 on the wait list.

Pat M.
Columbus,IN

Oops..... I didnt think about pre-registering for a vendor slot.
Usually guys who don't get a spot inside just set up stuff outside in the parking lot by their cars

I'll have an open trailer full w/ my phone number on it. I'll be inside with the kids & bikes. If anyone needs food/gas/hotel info, send me a PM.

Krateness said:
Can't wait for this show! I'll be looking for parts for a '56 Green Phantom and hopefully showing my Pea Picker. It's odd that there is only 60 spaces. I thought this was going to be in a fairground building? Would have figured it would have been large enough for more than 60 spaces...

There's only two buildings there that have heat & restrooms in them so the selection is slim. I don't know if it's going to be in the new Witham Pavilion building or the older red brick Community building though. And to be honest, I'm surprised at 60.....but this is my first show.

Krateness said:
Sent you a pm. Let me know if you want me to bring some parts.

does it cost more to enter a bike in the show? about what time should we get there if we were going to show a bike? is there like any type of rules or guidelines that need to be followed by showing a bike? this will be a first time at a bike show so just wanna be prepared

trent oros said:
does it cost more to enter a bike in the show? about what time should we get there if we were going to show a bike? is there like any type of rules or guidelines that need to be followed by showing a bike? this will be a first time at a bike show so just wanna be prepared
According to the flyer it is $5 per bike & judging starts at noon.

Yah $5 per entry but my question is that per entry or class? I mean if I enter my Pea Picker will that go into best Krate, best Muscle Bike, and best Original or is it $5 per class?

this one will be my first, do they usually have bikes other than whats here on this forum? has anyone seen vintage colnago or pinarello frames at these meets

Back