Info on my new Firestone

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone!,I have decided to keep this one for me.I wanted to see if anyone knows how old,Who made it,& anything else I can learn about it.I need an OG PAINT chainguard,a seat,& front fender.Also OG PAINT.I will pay good $ for them or I can trade something maybe.Please make sure that they are for this bike.I have a red one that is on it,but it is not correct.Let me know whatcha got!
bicycles105.jpg

bikes001-1.jpg

Looks like a late 40s-early 50s Monarch to me. Firestone stores put their badges on Monarch bikes. I may have some of the stuff you are looking for. I will PM you if I find anything.
Nice score by the way. Isn't it crazy how $150 worth of rusty relics can make you feel all giddy :) I'm glad that there are others that share my disease.

interesting...mine doesnt have a headbadge but narrowed it down to a Monarch Rocket...(or is it Monark???)

Hey Bean; sorry I didn't make it over today, got involved with the mustang and the cowboys (they s....k)
I like the rocket.
got an interesting trade proposal for a 24" Mongoose cruiser, I'll check it out this week sometime. :mrgreen:

was looking and looking and looking and looking and looking
i am nobody when it comes to old school bikes. i just used look of the frames and parts on it to find these.
hope it gives you a idea for color and parts for it

this is what i found
1949 Firestone Super Chief
fdbdown.asp

http://oldroads.com/tool_dispb.asp

found this when searched MONARK SUPER DELUXE SILVER KING
3186.jpg

1952 Monark Super Deluxe Boys
1952%20Monark%20Super%20Deluxe%20Boys.jpg

1952 Monark Super Deluxe
28089651.Monarkbicycle.jpg

http://www.bicyclebill.com/Bikecomppages/Monark.html
SilverKing.jpg

Monark.jpg

looks like a monark rocket to me as well. i have had two and they also had that strange id tag on the bb shell. nice bike i would rat it though. being a standard (no springer ect..) it is not as rare but to each his own. i am on the fence about restoring my 52 panther springer that is original paint but very ummm patina-ed. good luck i will say those monarks look very nice all done up.

not enough Radius in the lower bar (under the tank) and it goes into the down tube lower. greater gap from top tube to lower tube by the neck tube.
but like i said nobody when it comes to old school bikes. it dont look like any of the rocket pics i've found.

bikes001-1.jpg

100_0599.jpg

after looking again this one looks like the bars are not even close to what he has
fdbdown.asp

I don't think its a Rocket. It looks more like a Super Deluxe. It doesn't appear to have the stop on the under side of the downtube, but it sure looks like a Monark tank would fit. I have a Firestone tanker that came with truss rods instead of a springer and it does not have the springer fork stop.

It is a base model firestone badged monark built bicycle. The frame is the same as the super deluxe or supercruiser with the exception of not having a stop to protect the tank from being dented by the fork. The rocket bike was a slightly lower level model than the supercruiser. However both frame styles could be found on base models. I beleive the ony difference between the frames is the curve of the lower top bar.

Btw the first bike in your collection pic the hawthorne is a reasonablly collectible bicycle.

Hey meatwad1,I have the Hawthorne hanging from my celing waiting its turn.I love that bike.It's crazy that guy sold all those bikes to me for $150.He was just cleaning out.He still has a super sweet EARLY Elgin Motobike. Do you know how old the Firestone is?

No motor, the name of the bike is a motobike.His number is 972-658-8588.He is North of McKinney.The bike is all OG paint,but with a patina.It has an oil light,aouga horn & is super cool.If I had the cash I would jump right on it.Tell him I told you,I am going back to buy a running 1940 Packard frame.He also have 2 old stingrays,the ones everyone wants.

oldgreenbean said:
Hey meatwad1,I have the Hawthorne hanging from my celing waiting its turn.I love that bike.It's crazy that guy sold all those bikes to me for $150.He was just cleaning out.He still has a super sweet EARLY Elgin Motobike. Do you know how old the Firestone is?

The first example of this frame appeared in 1946. Don't know when it was stopped being made but mabe as late as early 60s or 58 as a wild stab. Mine has a serial number on the bottom bracket instead of a tag that ends 053 so ive just went with the idea that its a 53.

If you go to "nostalgic net" you can find all sorts of pics of the wide assortment of parts that have been put on this frame.

I found a seat, and an original paint rear fender that should be correct for the bike. You may be able to trim the fender to fit the front? I will try and post a pic tonight.
L8r

Back