Inspired by an American....1960 Huffy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Was looking at the post of Kram's Schwinn American and was inspired. With the fenders still on it and big ballooners stuffed on it....well it's a very simple, clean and cool look. Decided to throw one together out of parts I already had.

I bought this 1960 26" Huffy middleweight a few weeks back just for the sprocket for another bike I have. Pretty clean old bike with an old repaint. I stll need to swap out the sprocket and even though it's just a plain bike I kind of liked it.

Had this old set of Goodyear balloon tires from a bike I stripped last year and thought they would look good on it. I underestimated the amount of adjusting and time it takes to get big tires in little fenders with zero rubbing. After about 2 hours of adjustments I think it looks pretty good for a 50 year old bike.

very clean and very good looking bike! :mrgreen: i found myself staring at his schwinn build too.the tire change gave it a really beefy look,as does yours! 8) great job!

Back