Inspired by Dr. T!! (New pics)(update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. T's love for the brown wall Electra retro runners inspired me to use them on the latest project :D (Thanks Dr.T :mrgreen: )

New boardtrackframe, Electra tirple tree and all (glossy) black 144 spoke rims. Think I'm gonna go with a flat black powder coat on the frame.....

First mock up:

P6100246.jpg

P6100245.jpg

Re: Inspired by Dr. T!!

1850MB said:
Dr. T's love for the brown wall Electra retro runners inspired me to use them on the latest project :D (Thanks Dr.T :mrgreen: )

It's always nice to 'inspire' good things, that isn't ALWAYS the case... :wink: :mrgreen:

I love the idea!

Cheers!
Dr. T

i hope that not a 10" head tube electra fork your going to cut up. :cry: I looked like crazy here in the us emailed all of their distributors and no one had one in stock.

Wow - that's gonna look hot!

Actually - since this was a limited production frame - there are 30 frames left and they'll never come back. The frame is called "Porucho" (after a river in Mexico).

Maybe we should make a "Porucho"-Gallery?

Cheers.
Basti

Made it into a roller yesterday, rides really smooth, the brooks saddle is the best! Every bike should have this one :D
Still some things to do like converting the rearlight into LED,adding headlight, make new handlebars, change grips/ pedals, paint it flat black??? What do you guys think?

P7040073.jpg

P7040079.jpg

P7040075.jpg

P7040081.jpg

Re: Inspired by Dr. T!! (New pics)

@ Crank!Basti, cool gallery, hope to post mine there soon...

Attempted to do a skull-themed airbrush on the raw frame today, not a succes ( a bit rusty in the fingers I think) :oops: So I ended up painting the whole thing flat black :D

@Cruisehard, I have the retrorunners in my shop, PM me if you want a pair... :mrgreen:

Re: Inspired by Dr. T!! (New pics)

Not finished yet but had to take the bike out for a spin and test them wheelsDHL 80-26" flatblack
:mrgreen: Sold the 144 spokes wheelset.

Not sure about the handlebars, think it needs something smaller and black....
What do you think?

P7220130.jpg

P7220128.jpg

Too cool! I think it's beautiful. I like the chrome bars with the chrome forks, it just looks classy. I like that size of bars too, it might be neat to try some others but I think those are the perfect 'scale' for the bike, and smaller ones might look kinda dinky.

Sweet ride!

Back