installing sturmey 3 speed question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi there, i am very new to this so am not sure if the problem i have is workable or if i am just wasting my time hehe.

first off here is the bike currently in reletively few pieces

DSCN0912.jpg

now being the moron i am, i threw out the original wheels to this bike, and so needed a new set, i got a sturney archer aw that has a small chain sticking out of it like this

DSCN0914.jpg

now, this is my current shifter

DSCN0913.jpg

now are these 2 parts compatible, for some reason i remember the original 3 speed wheel had a bar going through it to change gears and not a little chain. now is that part from the hub in picture 2 connect to this part of my shifter

DSCN0915.jpg

it seems like if it was just a straight connection that little chain would be rubbing on the side of the hub and creat some wear and tear. i have looked around a bit trying to get some pictures of how that hub is to be connected to a shifter but have had no luck.

if anyone has some advice or a link that can help, that would be great.

so it looks like i am missing a part that is attached to the end of shifter cable, is that to set length/pressure of cable to shift properly ? and it looks like that is only part i am missing... or did you notice more ?

Back