Interesting observation: Class 1 & Class 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody besides me have the thought that to the causal observer, this year's Class 1 winner looks like it could be a Class 2 bike while the Class 2 winner looks like it could be a Class 1 bike? There's a profound point there about good aesthetics transcending rules and limitations, but I can't quite tease it out...

Anybody besides me have the thought that to the causal observer, this year's Class 1 winner looks like it could be a Class 2 bike while the Class 2 winner looks like it could be a Class 1 bike? There's a profound point there about good aesthetics transcending rules and limitations, but I can't quite tease it out...
You’re not wrong

Completely agree, and see it as a compliment, since I aimed for the 30's - 50's American cruiser look which are not common here, especially in the east. :thumbsup:

Apart from that I think its awesome that you noticed that about rules and limitations.

I don't believe the rules for the build off are designed to be viewed as limitations; aesthetically or literally.

They are simply dotted white lines on the highway to rat rod bike building...stay in your lane, but you can appreciate the view out the driver side or the passenger side.

RaT Rod building is not a 'one way street'.

I don't believe the rules for the build off are designed to be viewed as limitations; aesthetically or literally.

They are simply dotted white lines on the highway to rat rod bike building...stay in your lane, but you can appreciate the view out the driver side or the passenger side.

RaT Rod building is not a 'one way street'.
Very eloquently stated

Yep, I noticed that right away! It's proof that to me that neither group has an advantage over the other. It would seem that in the end it's the bike that has the most appeal to the eyes of the voters regardless of how it was achieved.

Latest posts

Back