interesting take on board tracker from France

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stumbled across this whilst researching the SRAM 2 speed Automatix hub for a build I am doing. Thought they were interesting, like if Salvador Dali was into bike design. Particularly like the idea of the leather bag to replace a tank.

http://www.cycleabikes.com/en-uk/index.html

l_p1080155.jpg

l_p1080211.jpg

l_p1080078.jpg

Peatbog said:
There advertising is funny:

"Cyclea produces and sales prestige vintage bikes."

Really? They produce a vintage bike? How does one do that--produce a new vintage bike?

The bikes are pretty nifty though.

It is just a poor translation from French to English. If you read the French site it will make more sense.

That would be the perfect bike for a BTWR all that one would have to do is build a tank to fit the frame where that leather bag is

I think they are trying imitate a flying merkel frame with that curve at the bottom.

flying-merkel-1024.jpg

If i had the chance i would probably buy one. They look nice.

I forgot to mentioned that there is a guy here that makes those leather tank. I saw his thread on the for sale section a while back.

I like it, but I would have preferred the frame to be stretched out a bit, the circles are too tight, just my preference. I have been following many different threads with Bing and Google searches over the last year, I think this basic idea has been done before (frankly, I think all the designs have been done before by now :) ) but it is a pretty build, I would never take that away from it.

Placed in the memory bank to draw some ideas from in the future.

Rich

Back