Intro and what have you

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. Is this the old-bike-addict intervention hotline?

My first vintage bike - - and my daily commuter (until the shift cable broke) is a 1969 Racer Deluxe. It's lovely:

I actually bought that bike from the founder of this website, Ratrod, but I didn't figure that out until several weeks later. Happened upon the site on my own.

Well, that's a nice bike, and I don't want to mess it up, so I should get another 3-speed that isn't in as good condition to learn on. Right? So I'm not risking the investment if I mess it up. And, well, the deal was just so good, and doesn't that look like a match to this one? Thus I came to own his and hers, 1964 and 1965 Puch-made Sears bikes:

Ok. That's certainly enough old bikes for someone who doesn't even know his way around a bottom bracket yet. Right? But then there was this really excellent deal on this 1972 single-speed Speedster, which is a lot like my Racer without the gears but with a Coaster brake . . .

As you can see, I'm in desperate need of an intervention (though I loaned out the Speedster to make it appear less bad). So. . . as soon as you guys help me find a 70s-80s touring frame I can use to start building some distance, we will get down to brass tacks and solve this problem.

Because admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. Right?

Welcome! I love the single speed Speedster's. I had a 3-speed until recently. Just can't keep everything.

Have Fun, Mick

Latest posts

Back