Intro from New Brunswick, Canada

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings Everyone,

I have been lurking for some time now and thought that it was time to join. I have been building bikes for two years and it is time to share my "combo platters" with everyone. My starting off point with bicycle making is based on finding and acquiring bicycles that have been discarded and destined for landfills or scrap metal heaps. These free bicycles are plentiful in my area and often times are placed at the curb for garbage. Sometimes these bikes are acquired by me through word of mouth and I enjoy taking something that is rusted, busted and bent and returning it to a functional piece of transportation.

I try to use every salvageable piece in my design if possible on the build or save the parts for future builds. However, my goal is also to combine old with new and add vintage pieces of bicycles (mostly accessories) to add character to the build.

My creations (bicycles) are difficult to categorize as I may combine a variety of bicycle parts to make one. However, I am currently striving to make these bicycles single speed with coaster brakes, slow rider show pieces for hanging out and not for racing, stunt riding, etc.

As gas prices rise around the world, we are not immune to this issue in the Kennebecasis Valley of Southern, New Brunswick. Therefore, my next build will be a "Grocery Getter" that will encompass a Sturmey Archer 3 Speed Design for the Hills around here with Cargo/Baskets attachments. I have the frame and wheels now and will post a before and after shortly!

My bicyles are for sale and the two I have in stock will be marketed shortly.

This is a great forum and I hope to contribute, learn and continue to marvel in the ingenuity! :mrgreen:

DSCF2269.jpg

DSCF2278.jpg

Those tires are from Sweetskinz.com. I try to minimize my costs as much as possible and got these at 50% off. The tires have reflector material in the tires and really light up when light hits them. They are predominantly red in color with this silver reflective accent.

I attached an antique chrome bottle opener to the frame on this bike as well.......

Latest posts

Back