iRide's new "Resoultion"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while since I've built a custom. One of my New Years resolutions was to make more this year. Here's the first one for 2010. Kind of a hybrid cruiser/mtn bike/custom thingy.

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

Nice build. I'm guessing your tig welding it? Usually the only welding that turns the tubing blue just a little. Wish I had one. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

looks like a possible production bike, maybe for cannondale or something. :D

Really nice looking bike --
I am interested in how you curved the tubes - I build a few frames my self but the curved tube thing is always a problem since I have no way to do it my self. I normally resort to going around to a local engineering place and getting them to roll the tubes with their large tube roller but this always means the bends are never quite right.

Graeme

Thanks guys!

The frame is just mild steel, and yes, it was TIG welded. I don't know why I waited so long to buy one, I love it! The arcing of the tubes was kind of the old fashioned way...at work, I found a decent diameter large tank (at a paper mill) and put one end between an I-beam and walked the other end around the tank. Works really well and comes out the same every time. Too bad International Paper just closed my facility for good. Unemployed and to access to the tanks...LOL!

Guess if you need to build any more bikes you can just buy a paper mill . :lol: Sorry to here about your job. They say when one door closes another one opens. Your skills at frame building may lead you in a different direction. Good luck

You need to be working for a bike company for sure....all the bikes you have ever shown here are incredible.

Always love your designs and attention to detail.

Latest posts

Back