Is this fork worth anything? or ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
\Saw a Rat either on this site or another of a broadtracker rat that had a very unusual mtb front springer fork that I would like to identify. don't have a pic so maybe you guys can put all your mental powers together and help me figure this out. The forks look like motorcycle forks(tube wise) but they are not, no spring inside tubes, they are alloy and the axle ends are flipped to the rear. The springer is closer and parallel to the head tube. Kinda like some of the BMW motorcycles( like the one in that Bond movie). I found a guy that has a complete bike it most have been a high end bike at some point as the rear suspension is 3 link with a springer though it is not hydraulic as is not the front. It had not disc brakes but probably higher end mtb stuff. Anyway when I saw the pic I said I have to do a bike like that and now, it basically will fall into my hands WED. Getting it a Schwinn (chicago of course) Chrome fillet brazed ten speed frame( understand the are collectable) and an old newsboy rack for a bone. I think I did OK. Any help or insight into that front spring like maker or brand would be very helpful. Thanks to the site as formally I would have never thought of doing a broadtracker rat....Mo in CA

Re: Need help with identifying a modern Mtb springer fork

Girven maybe.
Girvin-Vector2.jpg

CMAN you the man!!! That's it. Know if that bike is worth more together or can I rat that fork out? I really have too many projects right now, but is it is something special, then another build is in order. This list just Freakin' Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..Mo in CA

Forgot to add that it is the fork, but it is a non hydraulic only a chrome spring, so it might be an older model..Mo in CA

This type of fork worth anything or is it a novelty

Is this worth anything or a novelty, or more worthy of a ratstoration?...Mo in CA

Back