Is this Middlemore saddle rare?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this Middlemore saddle last week when I was checking out a local bike. Got it pretty cheap, but after searching the net for it I got the basic info that they were made in England by a horse saddle company that got in to cycling saddles with roots from the 1800s & eventually went out of business.

It seems to be in very good condition. It's a mattress saddle with springs underneath with what looks like some sort of horse hair fiber material...also in great shape. The vinyl is still supple.

Whadduya think? Worth anything? Use it? Sell it?

cman said:
They may be rare but, I doubt worth much. Mattress saddles never get that much attention.

Thanks for the info cman. I'll see how it rides. It practically looks like a horse saddle doesn't it lol

Nice find, I have one of the Middlemore leather ones and it is very comfortable. From my research they went out of business in 1994.

Thanks for the replies & interesting information. I think it's going to go on one of 2 projects I've got going on right now...a 3 speed klunker & a Wards Hawthorne that's at the powder coater.

Latest posts

Back