IT CAME FROM UNDER A BRIDGE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Out cruising on our bike path today with my girls. At one end the path dead ends under an overpass and there is a creek flowing under.

We pulled under the bridge for some shade and I saw this old Caloi cruiser laying in the weeds. After a bit of creative maneuvering I was able to pull it out.

Ended up calling the police and the dispatcher ran the serial number and said it had not been reported stolen and if it was abandoned in a public place then it was mine.

Could be a good base for a build off bike. :mrgreen:

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

Rat Rod said:
Ended up calling the police and the dispatcher ran the serial number and said it had not been reported stolen and if it was abandoned in a public place then it was mine.

I like your laws in Texas. So if your bike gets stolen, you best have the serial number when you call it in! Gary

Yeah...not sure what the actual laws are, but I can tell you right now, the dispatcher was not overly concerned about it...ha ha. :lol:

I imagine at some point the crew from the city would have discovered it and then either impounded it or trashed it.

From the looks of it, I'm thinking it was probably purposely abandoned there.

Nothing is better than free!! Great score.

In Wisconsin (at least my city) if you find a bike and report it to the police, they pick it up and take it back to the station for a few weeks. If after that the bike is not accounted for it gets put into a bike auction or scrap yard.

I assumed that is what they might do here too, but the dispatcher said that they weren't going to come pick it up...especially if the serial number was not in their system.

Latest posts

Back