It pays to have a bikes wanted sign if front of the house

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a bikes wanted sign on an old Varsity out by the road for years and from time to time we get some good response. An older fella on his way to his daughters noticed the sign and stopped in to ask if we were interested in an old Continental and some Italian bike that he wanted gone.
He came back about an hour later with a black continental and this Bottecchia. I collect Bianchi road bikes so I was super interested in the Bottecchia. After an afternoon of cleaning, new brakes, bars and tires here she is ready to ride. Cheers.
DSC03140.jpg

DSC03138.jpg

DSC03141.jpg

Nice bike..
I see the old red and blue bike is still pulling garden duty....

Musta really been bad! :shock:

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Wow! That paid off. I think I'll avoid that with my wife, she might change the lettering from BIKES WANTED to BIKES - WANT-EM?

Wow, the sign paid off with a great score. I spotted a fairly modern Bottecchia at a pawn shop recently, but it was a bit too beat up for me. I'm jealous of yours!

Good eye on the old Higgins back in the garden. I'd ride it but it is so slathered in wax and wd-40 to keep the rust away I'm a bit afraid that I'd slide right off of it.
My wife is pretty good about the sign, It's been there for so long that she doesn't even notice it anymore. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back