it used to be a Huffy..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey i got some pics i took a little while ago. I built the bike from a frame my friend tried to throw away. started as a huffy 20". sorry but no pics of mods. mom wont let me use her camera anymore, keep leavin it in the garage. :D so heres a list of mods:
i cut the fork tube off the frame, and pie-cut the bottom tube at the bottom bracket, to lower it approx. 2"-3". i then lengthend the frame with tubing about 7". i then welded on a fork tube from a donor schwinn girls bike(rest of the frame was trashed). i took a banana seat and sissy bar from another donor bike, and reuphostered it with an old pair of black jeans. wheels are unknown make. whitewalls from online store for cheep($10 a tire!). 26" springer from same store. old huffy cruiser sproket painted to match bike. schwinn crank was free! yay! :mrgreen: stingray repop 'bars and gooseneck. off brand grips that look like old schwinn style ones. ive got plans to take the bike apart in the spring, strip the frame, fill in the blemishes, and paint it a candy color. any ideas or comments?
DSCN5511.jpg

DSCN5513.jpg

oh yea!!! thats a nice ride ya got there stretch!!! im really diggin it!!!

Easy E

oh yea!!! thats a nice ride ya got there stretch!!! im really diggin it!!!

Easy E

Thats Cool!

Are ya sure ya need a kickstand? Looks like the left pedal would work just fine.

thanks guys. its got a really smooth ride with that springer and all. and with the hubs i could coast for miles! :D but yeah the kickstand helps. ive tried without it, and the bike kept falling over no matter what i tried. so i got out the torch and bent the kickstand to fit the modified frame. :mrgreen: think i should put on a chaingaurd?

diggin the bike. id put on a chainguard, but look around for one thats connects with hte vibe of what you got going on. for me, id say a custom chrome one from either a vintage or a company that specializes in lowrider parts. i miss my lowriders even more now.

i was thinkin a chrome one to fit the bike. or i could make one! i have enough time to, and enough money to buy the metal. :mrgreen:

sounds kool. my buddy says to paint it a candy apple red or green. so i dont really know.

I vote for a bright candy green like the color of the Electra Rat Fink bikes. VERY kool build, btw!!

sounds good! i like the idea. but where am i gonna get lime green grips to match? ebay? :?
oh btw, i think i just noticed something. on the springer, the support arms on the bottom are on the outside. does it really matter what side they're on? :|

i always thought thats where they were supposed to be stretch. thats where all of mine are.........

Easy E

so i thought it was a time for a bit of an update.. no progress on the bike itself, i plan to do that as soon as it warms up a bit. got some parts lined up for it though.
362wh.jpg

20" white sparkle banana seat $12.95
36524.jpg

36" highback sissybar $19.95
31230.jpg

chrome chain $6.95
greencl.jpg

and maybe this dummy light with a green lens $14.95

the site im getting all these parts from is steetlowrider.com. i think they have the best prices ive seen and are updated often! :mrgreen:

and definitly the coolest part on the bike will be these NOS antifreeze-colored muscle bike grips from yeshoney!
GlowGrips.jpg

let me know whatcha think!

Latest posts

Back