It's Baaaaack! Northeast biggest Cruise n' Swap! 2 DAYS!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: It's Baaaaack! Northeast biggest Cruise n' Swap! 2 weeks!

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
if I can't go, no one else should be allowed to go.

That is the rule around here anyway.

^^ when I'm World Dictator it's going to be the rule everywhere.

I'll be there- camping is OK?

Yes it is, just be respectful of the grounds and pick up trash etc and it is cool with Jim.

Joe

notarex said:
I'll be there- camping is OK?

I plan on going for the ride and the show the next day.

Hey Skip, are you going to either? If you are, could I beg you to stop by the Broken Spoke and pick up my wheels for me?

Dan

I'm going, it's just too much fun to miss.

I don't know if I'm going to set up a table this year- I sold most of the bikes that I wanted to part with. There are still an awful lot of Stingrays around my house, but these days people seem focused more on practical road bikes and big cruisers. The fun 20" bikes have become a real bargain- if you're buying.

But I will be there for the ride and I always have a few extra bikes with me to sell or trade... and its good to get the word out about the rides we do down in the New London area, as well as our new cycling advocacy organization BIKE NL.

I do have a few extra frames and stuff to sell and also need quite a few parts to finish up different builds. So I'll be there looking for Schwinn stuff.

See you in a couple weeks!

--Rob

Danimal said:

Hey Skip, are you going to either? If you are, could I beg you to stop by the Broken Spoke and pick up my wheels for me?

Dan

Did you miss this Dan?

thatismytruck said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:

:lol:

Sorry, I'm not going. Not for that reason though. :roll: I have some family in from out of town and will be with them. I can get the wheels to Meriden, or something if Joe wants to meet me and then bring them to you.

Dan,
I can swing down to get them from Ian if Skip can get them that far.

let me know

Joe

thatismytruck said:
Danimal said:

Dan

Did you miss this Dan?

thatismytruck said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:

:lol:

Sorry, I'm not going. Not for that reason though. :roll: I have some family in from out of town and will be with them. I can get the wheels to Meriden, or something if Joe wants to meet me and then bring them to you.

think I might see if I can get a vehicle at my disposal for the weekend. To get to the ride, and maybe to bring a couple bikes to sell/trade at the swap....
and so the rest of you guys can take a break from picking me up all the time :p

Only a couple of days left before the ride and swap. Looks like numbers for the ride are going to be a bit lower unless it is just that people are not posting or calling to let me know they are coming. We have our core group (minus Ian and Skip) but would like to see some new faces!

Our during the day ride on the Rails for Trails poriton has been cancelled due to lack of interest and the inability for people to get here that early. Either that or you guys have a bunch of trailer queens in your stable, LOL!

Joe

Gotta work Saturday. :( .........But can go on Sunday! Hey Joe, Should I bring bikes for the "corral"? I don't know what category my bikes would fit in.......Snot Rocket........RUNVS? (gonna bring them anyway)

I was gonna contact you today about the rail trail ride. If it's still, on when and where?

No " Rails for Trails" ride on Saturday. Just did not get enough response. You are free to stop by my house in the early afternoon for a beer and to check out my collection. Danimal and I will be hanging out talking Ratbikes!

Joe

ej599 said:
I was gonna contact you today about the rail trail ride. If it's still, on when and where?

WORK? I thought you were retired?

The ride is in the evening. Still too early for you? Oh well, bring what you want and we will find a place for it.

Will be going to the Swap EARLY int he AM!

Joe

KOTA said:
Gotta work Saturday. :( .........But can go on Sunday! Hey Joe, Should I bring bikes for the "corral"? I don't know what category my bikes would fit in.......Snot Rocket........RUNVS? (gonna bring them anyway)

yeshoney said:
WORK? I thought you were retired?

The ride is in the evening. Still too early for you? Oh well, bring what you want and we will find a place for it.

Will be going to the Swap EARLY int he AM!

Joe

Family cook out Saturday night................Retiring in September (hopefully before they fire me). I'll be there EARLY.

I dunno? Last i saw 60% chance of a Scattered T-Storm.

Play it by ear and give me a call as we check the local doppler. You remember our ride - Major T storms about 5 miles south of us but we stayed dry in our Rat Ride Vacuum.

As you all know I am not into ridin in the rain, pub crawlin' though is cool! :lol: 8)

JoeyMac said:
your thoughts on saturday night's weather report?

Back