It's been a while

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been gone for a few weeks an missed the final tally on the build off. It's amazeing 3 weeks seems like a year is it time for build off 8 yet ? I hope not :lol:

Yeah I personally would have liked to see a bit more color on MoFaux's bike. I did vote for the hot rod Higgins though.

I thought the lack of color is what really made that bike. He aimed for a "Rocketeer" look and acomplished that! I also voted for the Hot Rod Higgins which is also very cool. I also would have voted for about 20 other bikes. :lol:

I'm looking forward to the Build-Off #10, a decade of awesome!

Seriously, is there any other bicycle forum that has a build of this caliber? There must be tons of forums out there, I am members of a few more, but I don't know of any with such a build-off as this one.

That's true, no other site compares to this. I think that is mainly due to the great people and great atmosphere we have here.

Love the quote youthguy.

outskirtscustoms said:
Love the quote youthguy.

Yeah, he summed it up pretty good.

As for the build-off, it would be a cool thing to get out there, but then again maybe we don't need any more competition. haha The guy who won this year is newer to this site and the majority (if not all) of his posts are in the Build-Off forum and he has less posts total than some people have in their build threads alone!

Maybe we need to keep this build-off thing on the DL. :mrgreen: :wink:

Maybe that's my problem too many posts? :lol:

I think it's great that even a newbie can win. I couldn't care less, Win or Lose I still get to build a cool bike and show off my work, although this year I was so swamped with flip bikes and repairs I didn't have time to finish my build off bike the way I wanted to. Maybe next year.

Well I voted fo Flexie Hiawhathe an Mosbysraider those was the top three in my book Mofuax was cool but just didn't do it for me I wish I had more votes German Spy was a good one also Yootheguy did an excellent job on those bars

Yeah, the build off was a amazing. Honestly, I was surprised a few bikes didn't do better, but we all have different tastes right?

I have so many ideas flying around in my head after seeing the RRBBO7 bikes that I am chomping at the bit to get started on a new build. I have a '53 Huffy tank bike that I need to finish and I have my grandson's '71 Schwinn Lil Tiger that needs to get finished. I am also taking some welding "lessons" from my cousin, so it may be a while before I get started on my newest creation.

I'm looking to start a new project myself but I want a skip tooth tank bike but it'll be a while can't find one for a fair price an my idea of fair is apparently way to low but I'm hopefull

Back