It's been a while ......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
...since I've even been able to look for a new find , but I couldn't pass this up . Looks to be a 1949 Snyder built Montgomery Wards Hawthorne , Wrong wheels , sprocket , guard , and such . But , the important stuff is still there .
004-2.jpg
002-6.jpg
003-2.jpg
001-6.jpg

What a beauty!!! Good score!

Ward's didn't use that 'crest' M/W badge until 1950, thought the same otherwise as a 49 model in the catalog. BB should be stamped '05 EH' or similar, 94 would be 49, of course the frame could have been built in 49 and sold in 50. -Adam

really nice score on that snyder jeff! :D looks like the previous owner forgot to mount the fork rockers to the inside of the fork.

texasbigjon said:
really nice score on that snyder jeff! :D looks like the previous owner forgot to mount the fork rockers to the inside of the fork.
The wheels appear to be from a Murray Monterey , MO stamped & with a Carlisle on the front , when they were put on the parts apparently got flipped , & the end of the fork is smashed so the forks don't even work :? But I'll get er straightened out :D

Very nice...those are the tanks I've been looking for.I'll bet they are set up to house a 6v lantern battery to run the light and horn.Let me know if you ever decide to part it out...a really special find...if you need a correct replacement bulb for your light,I can get them...P 8)
Just checked mine...the BB is stamped "55 EH" so I'm assuming its a 1955 build?

dogdart said:
Looks like maybe 558N on the BB . I couldn't see them at all at first , had to scrape the housepaint off . The are #'s on the rear drop out also . '55 makes sense . cause then the sprocket could be original , also I've never seen the struts for the rack go all the way around the rack .
55 seems right, that was when that Murrayesque chainring came out. Chainguard looks like it's from an actual Murray though. -Adam

Latest posts

Back