It's cool, but what is it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
judging by the front fender fin detail and sprocket I would say early 40's westfield built bike. could have been badged from something as common as Columbia, Westfield, Hartford or just about anything.

Thanks for that input. I had really no idea. I now need to try to figure out what size tires to get. Seems like it should be 26 inch. Wheels are 24 inch diameter, but they are going to need to be real skinny ones.

Interesting guard on that bike. :D Heres a pic of my bike I just installed a pair of 26 1 3/8 inch tires on it.. This is before the new tires .
DSC01534_zpsffeb96ef.jpg

Tire size I believe
DSC01538_zps917ce65a.jpg

I had an old 26 by 1 3/8 in the shed, so tried it, and it did go on there. S/N on this thing is W198469
Seperate from the s/n is an L 1
I did a lot of clean up of the bike today, and found the frame has military green paint under the blue, and back wheel is green, crank and stem also have green paint. hubs and handlebars were black. I'm thinking I may have to do this one up as a military green bike. Still undecided though

Back