It's French!, it's Pink!, at least it's Ratty!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This was a freebie, originally I was just going to take the wheels of of it and use the frame as part of a sculpture but then I made the mistake of putting air in the tires and riding it.... this may be my new utility bike.

Only Peugeot would take a nice 5 speed mans city bike, paint it this color, put some wide bars on it & call it a beach cruiser. But it rides so good.
pgeot.jpg

pgeothead.jpg

I'll definitely install baskets and racks to haul stuff around my palatial estate :roll: Wonder what it will look like with a set of BMX bars? Hot rod cargo bike maybe?
This is gonna be fun. I might even leave it pink

There are lots of awesome parts on this bike for a Klunker.

The wheel set appears to be either UKAI or ARAYA 7X style hoops that usually fetch anywhere from $75-$150 in used condition.

Those bars, stem and forks are a great find too.

Find you an old Schwinn frame and use all of that to build you a sweet klunker. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
There are lots of awesome parts on this bike for a Klunker.

The wheel set appears to be either UKAI or ARAYA 7X style hoops that usually fetch anywhere from $75-$150 in used condition.

Those bars, stem and forks are a great find too.

Find you an old Schwinn frame and use all of that to build you a sweet klunker. :wink:

+1. I would be super happy to have found that beast... cool as is but definitely an awesome stash of parts too. The straight tubular fork with brake studs is a nice score in my mind...

yoothgeye said:
Looks like a faded red to me.
The bottom of the chain guard and underneath all of the bolts I've removed so far is pink

"There are lots of awesome parts on this bike for a Klunker."
I agree and if I luck up and find the old Elgin or Rollfast frame of my dreams for a reasonable price I might take it apart for that...

But in the meantime I'm gonna go all Mad Max meets Ernest P. Worrell on it! :lol:

Okay,
I was working on some guy's Virago today, after reaching a stopping point (How did he short out that battery that way? :shock: blew every fuse on the bike), it was time to have a beer and fix the shifter on this Peugeot so I did. It worked fine considering I had never replaced a shifter cable on a bike or even so much as adjusted a derailleur before in my life. Then I had another beer and looked at it clamped into the work stand. Started taking it back apart.
p1211.jpg

Having a beer in one hand and wrenches in the other can be very dangerous, especially when you are a manly man with a pink bicycle to fix up and this lying around for parts....
donor.jpg

Now we are over-thinking properly!
p2211.jpg

Of course I took it for a test ride just like this just to be sure it felt right. Gimme another beer :D :D
posttestride.jpg

Had to straighten the chain guard a little bit. Here it is with the handy dandy all purpose tool.
chainguard.jpg

After another bottle of Black & Tan I decided to rob the seat and pedals off of the little Huffy as well.
missingsumthin.jpg

But it's still missing something, so I added this.
hednbars.jpg

Hey it's still a long way from done, 'cause I still plan to install a paper boy basket (already have one) and heavy duty bolt on rear rack if I can find one cheap or free. But I like it so far, and will ride it like this til I have another free Saturday to mess with it.

rquarter.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
That thing screams BMX. You think it was originally red and faded or is it pink from the factory?

It's pink from the factory. I took the chain guard and some other parts off of it and the paint under the bolts was a darker, less faded pink. The bmx look was deliberate, but this is still going to be my utility bike to haul stuff around my palatial estate. :roll:

Need to find a more comfortable pink seat, cheap or free of course....

Well I thought it needed a new seat but sometime a change in seat position works wonders so here we have a Roadmaster road bike seat post clamped into a Schwinn bmx seat post, holding up a Huffy seat on a Peugeot bicycle. Guess this seat can stay on it now.
hspseatpost.jpg

Frankenbikes Rule! 8)

Yep I did put the basket on it, it spoils the looks but gives me more reasons to ride it.
pwb2.jpg

loadofscrap.jpg

I have decided not to buy a rear rack for it. That would only require money and while spending money is a lot of fun so is welding junk together to build something useful or interesting. YouknowwhattameanVern?

Back