I've been hanging out with roadies too long...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In a momentary lapse of reason, I bought color-coordinated slicks for my mountain bike commuter... :oops:

bluetires.jpg

I think I need to paint it flat black now. After snapping myself back to reality by browsing the RRB gallery, I have seen the error of my ways.

:D (but man, those are smooth rolling tires!)

theres no real "roadie" crowd near me so when i see colored tires on i bike i just think ... "theres a guy who likes his bike". id ride it :)

Looks good.

There's a local guy that has a white/black/red Cannondale mountain bike that he's using as a commuter.

He swapped the knobbies for some white-wall cruiser tires. Looks killer.

outskirtscustoms said:
I kinda like them, too much work keeping them clean though

You'd be surprised what a quick wipe-down with Simple Green (no water) will do for tires.

Long&Black said:
outskirtscustoms said:
I kinda like them, too much work keeping them clean though

You'd be surprised what a quick wipe-down with Simple Green (no water) will do for tires.

Yeah I'd rather just have no clean tires, My bootlegger bike has dirty whitewalls and looks great. I have NEVER cleaned them since I got the bike other than the occasional mud puddle..... :mrgreen:

P9050063.jpg

As odd as it may seem I clean my mountain and road bike tires...and leave the tires on the cruisers alone. :lol:

The only tires I clean are when I'm selling a bike and taking pictures, or my lowrider bike. Everything else gets clean riding in the rain or local mud puddles.

Back