i've been seduced by the dark side

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
in the last 2 years i've either given or thown away maybe a dozen BMX bikes/frames.
i gave a nice one to a pal of mine and he built it up propper. than he build up another. so i got to thinkin' i gotta have one also :wink:
i figured if i found a cool one that the price was rite i build it up.
last week i came home from work and this was leaning against my garage 8) . thanx again deorman :D
i'm hopin' to have it done this weekend(waitin' for wheels to arrive)
here's the before pic.
000_0018-1.jpg

oh boy why does having awesome bmxs have to be a bad thing, bmx bikes are fun and easier to find then old schwinns. I just pulled a rocket viking with gt Mohawk hubs triple trap pedals, and a 3pc crank out of the garbage. I read that rocket was a Florida based brand with quite a few team riders. I should make a post of all my BMX bikes

cody-james said:
oh boy why does having awesome bmxs have to be a bad thing, bmx bikes are fun and easier to find then old schwinns. I just pulled a rocket viking with gt Mohawk hubs triple trap pedals, and a 3pc crank out of the garbage. I read that rocket was a Florida based brand with quite a few team riders. I should make a post of all my BMX bikes

i agree! make that post!!!

mostly finished last nite. i still need a freewheel sprocked.
is it made w/ hi end/ hi dollar parts....no.
is it made w/ period correct parts......no.
is is haro correct parts.......no.
do i like it.....yeah.
000_0001-8.jpg

beatcad said:
mostly finished last nite. i still need a freewheel sprocked.
is it made w/ hi end/ hi dollar parts....no.
is it made w/ period correct parts......no.
is is haro correct parts.......no.
do i like it.....yeah.
000_0001-8.jpg

who cares!! looks flippin' sweet man! i love it!!!
oh and BTW, that seat is sweet! what kind is it? kinda old school lookin'

Aaah, the BMX bug...yes it can bite you hard. It gripped me last year. Took me a lot of time and money to find and build this. It is a close rebuild of my childhood bike. A 1983 Supergoose with mostly period correct parts.

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

atomicclutch said:
who cares!! looks flippin' sweet man! i love it!!!
oh and BTW, that seat is sweet! what kind is it? kinda old school lookin'

thanx, man. i cant wait to ride it.
the seat is a mike aitkin made by odyssey.
000_0002-8.jpg

Odyssey Aitken is the best bmx seat ever made! I have one on my Haro 24" and it's super comfortable and durable. Your bike looks great!

Danimal said:
Aaah, the BMX bug...yes it can bite you hard. It gripped me last year. Took me a lot of time and money to find and build this. It is a close rebuild of my childhood bike. A 1983 Supergoose with mostly period correct parts.

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg
danimal, well done!!!

man I just traded off a Haro Group 1 stem I would have given you for your ride!I agree the Aitken seat is the smoothest seat on the market today.I think a percentage of the sales of the seats go to his get well fund.He went down hard last year riding trails and crashed on a 360.A 360 for him is a trick he'd throw not even warmed up,that dude rips!!That Mongoose is crazy bad! If your ever in Cali,I want to ride it!!haha

oh geat!
i was hangin' out w/ a pal yesterday and he saw this bike.
he said he had an older GT performer i could have if i want.
dang! as if i need another bike. i'm tryin' to unload a few.
we'll see. maybe i'll tos it in the attic and build it up next summer.....or later.

Hey beatcad you might want to swoop that performer up!Those things are worth some $$ if its the right year.I think like 84-86ish.

Oh my god bro is that a black chrome o.g. turbo!!!???Harry had the dopest bikes.Does it have the 3 pc turbo cranks?If so Im crazy jealous,and please post up a picture.

bikejunkie said:
Hey beatcad you might want to swoop that performer up!Those things are worth some $$ if its the right year.I think like 84-86ish.
tell me about it. seems they're all worth a decent amount up until about late 90s early 00s models. i'm trying to unload this one(its a 91 though) so i can get a race bike. something aluminum and faaaasssssstttttt!!!! hahaha!!
001-23.jpg

Man LONEWOLF!!!!That was,hands down one of the baddest bmx bikes ever built.I will own one some day.I want to build a one off version of that bike,but in 24'' cruiser.I just cant get over how tuff that bike is!!

Back