I've been slacking posting my Fresh Finds....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Okay, bear with me I'm catching up on all my "Fresh Finds" so I can post what I picked up this past weekend....

We'll go back to last November when I picked up two different 5 speed bikes.
The first an early 80's ( I'm guessing ) West German NSU...

PICT4921_zpsc78400ce.jpg

Next a 1978 Schwinn Suburban 5 speed...

PICT4918_zpsc620993a.jpg

It has a working speedo and the Freewheel front crank....

PICT4919_zpsab936e77.jpg

PICT4920_zps9f4e31cd.jpg

Around Christmas I picked up this complete Micargi Chrome muscle(Lowrider) bike...

PICT4914_zpsf4ed5bea.jpg

As you can see it's Not Complete any more. Before I started using it for parts you can see I put on a bigger crank to make it ridable. It was fun but I needed to steal the seat and ape hangers for my next Find.

This early model Electra Rat Rod I picked up in January...
MynewBike_zpsf89e6d2f.jpg

PICT4895_zps690120a8.jpg

The guy I bought it off of had already converted it to a single speed and put on the Duckbilled fenders and Murray crank. I added the apehangers, banana seat, and chrome chainguard from a Spaceliner. What really makes it work is the laidback seatpost that I've had but wouldn't fit any of my Vintage bikes.
This bike is now my Daily Rider, its quick and comfortable. In fact I rode it for a total of about 25 miles the weekend before last going to and from one of the NASCAR races here in Phoenix....

The guy I bought it from threw in this JC Higinns Cruiser for free. It was just the frame, fork, chainguard, and handle bars; but I'm building it into a bike to sell.

PICT4915_zps4f9a0481.jpg

PICT4916_zps64294301.jpg

In February I got this Columbia girls muscle bike. I got it for the seat, sissy bars, handle bars, and the 3 speed hub ( and the fact it was for sale for nearly nothing ). I haven't started parting it out because it rides Good. I had to ride it home about 5 miles when I bought it, luckily the tires held air and it shifted great.

PICT4907_zps973ff6d0.jpg

PICT4908_zps47c856c2.jpg

A day or two later i got this Murray girls 24" muscle bike. I bought it for parts to use on a bike I was building for Mardi Gras....

PICT4911_zps367945f4.jpg

Here is the mock up of the bike and finished product using the parts. ( It was a Rush job on the painting and recovering of the seat )...

PICT4881_zps8daffa9a.jpg

The seat was Rough...
PICT4884_zps5c1e088d.jpg

PICT4912_zps37acde10.jpg

PICT4913_zpse175a56d.jpg

Coming up to two weeks ago I got this LaJolla bike for next to nothing and have two buyers for it ( doubling my money ), after I clean, regrease and put a new back tire on it...

PICT4906_zpse69d7f57.jpg

And on the same day got this Sun Custom Cruiser. I got it because it's Purple and has some cool parts. I plan on cleaning it up, throwing on a black leather banana seat I have and then riding the heck out of it.

PICT4893_zps6693822c.jpg

Okay that catches us up to this past weekend, which I'll make a separate thread for because I believe it was an Epic day for me Saturday.
Thanks for looking all....

Nice scores and profits too.

Okay.... So has this happened to any of you ?
I bought the Sun Custom Cruiser pretty much for the fact that it was a cool purple with nice lines. Today I didn't even clean it, just fixed the back wheel / chain situation and threw on the Banana seat I wanted to put on it. I'm taking it for a test ride around the neighborhood and I've got a guy in the neighborhood who wants to pay me Double what I got it for.... Great... Right? Except I Like this bike I really didn't buy it to flip.....and I've barely gotten to ride it... AAARRRGGHHHHH...
Here's a quick pic as it sits....

PICT4937_zps05143f6c.jpg

You're finding them. From what I hear on this forum there are not that many bikes to be had in AZ. You seem to be bucking that trend. :p I wonder why they mounted the Pletscher rack upside down on the Suburban? Never seen that done. :?: Gary

Back