Iver Johnson Christmas present for myself

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up this nice wood rimmed, camelback, skip tooth Iver Johnson for myself off of Craigslist today. It is the highest price I have ever paid for a used bicycle, but I thought it was worth it. There are 3 painted lines on each side of the wooden rims. The decal and headbadge are great.The paint is chipped in a few place but the white look like enamel. The seat is perfect. The push horn works. Of course the tires are shot. The rear tire is a red thread/whitewall instead of black/whitewall. The only thing that is missing is that the holder for the coaster brake is missing and the front fender is dented in one spot.
Decal
IMG_0663.jpg

overall views
IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

Bend in front fender
IMG_0684.jpg

I do not want to waste too much space here so there are 33 photos here at. I
http://britsolrebuiltbicycles.shutterfly.com/1170

Looks like something Sensor would buy!.....You're in good company.

I still check the Rochester craigslist every so often despite the fact that I moved out almost a year ago, and had seen that one on there a few times in the past year. I was wondering if someone was actually going to get it... I had considered it myself but the price scared me away ;)

Glad that someone here got it, can't wait to see what you'll do with it!

JoeyMac said:
I still check the Rochester craigslist every so often despite the fact that I moved out almost a year ago, and had seen that one on there a few times in the past year. I was wondering if someone was actually going to get it... I had considered it myself but the price scared me away ;)

Glad that someone here got it, can't wait to see what you'll do with it!
I am going to ride it. and save all of the pieces I remove to put back on the bicycle if I decide to sell. A bicycle like this should not be a part bicycle.
I paid $225 for it. I will have to get some modern wheels for it before I ride. I have a skip tooth cog rear wheel off the woman's Hawthorne that I might use. The hard part will be getting tires for the wooden rims. Does anyone know where I can get some?

You should be able to pick up some tires off ebay! Great find!

Great looking bike! I have an old Iver Johnson as well, but mine isn't a camel back. Plus mine was given a bad paint job at some point; it looks like it was painted with a brush. I plan to have mine professionally repainted eventually and, for riding purposes, I may get 27" steel wheels and have them painted or powder coated to look like wood. I don't feel comfortable riding around on 90 year old wooden rims. I could see them splintering apart due to all the potholes in my neighborhood. I plan to hang on to my wooden wheels as well, no plans to part this baby out. I need to find a seat while I'm at it. You gotta love that Iver Johnson head badge, eh?

1210359277.jpg

1210359278.jpg

Back