J.C. Higgins Color Flow (skip tooth!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres a pic of the chrome fork parts after a cleaning, not great but good enough for me! :D
and a pic of the Derby bike all the J.C. Higgins parts are HOPFULLY going to fit on.

ferbyandhigginsparts002_zpsc14f493a.jpg

ferbyandhigginsparts004_zps4a4a7cea.jpg

ferbyandhigginsparts006_zpsfd1b5e7b.jpg

That chrome cleaned up nice and that frame looks like a great place for the tin work. Build On bro.
I have an Orange bike too ( post war W.Flyer) but like yours better.
My build is going in another direction when the weather warms up.

It's enough in itself that it hasn't been spraybombed! The automobile style Higgins emblem on the carrier puts this as a '50 or '51.

I decided to keep the fork, here it is all done and painted the same color as the bike its going on. :D The camara flash makes the chrome look much worse than it really looks, and the hardware is all orig, right down to the washers.

JCHigginsfrontforkdone001_zps3f7976c7.jpg

JCHigginsfrontforkdone003_zps23838c10.jpg

JCHigginsfrontforkdone005_zps8fd78225.jpg

JCHigginsfrontforkdone006_zps31009766.jpg

Pop that reflector up on ebay if you want extra cash. Those are often missing or busted up on these bikes because they're pretty fragile. I believe they're chromed pot metal which gets brittle. You won't retire off it but can probably expect 30-40$ for what seems like an insignificant part.

Latest posts

Back