J.C. Higgins Posse Part 1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sunny Florida Starting October 1, 2016!!!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
First of all I'd like to thank all the people that gave me support for this venture. I'm not used to having my very own cheering section. So this was the Chicago Craigs List lot of five J.C. Higgins bikes that Markm brought to the attention of RRB. I just happened to be lucky enough to be the first email they received. They look pretty decent even in the photos I took but they are a little crusty in places. When questioned Ebay sellers call it "patina". The his & hers Spaceliners they picked up at an estate auction. There isn't any specific history attached to the bikes. The sellers - a couple - are bike enthusiasts familiar with RRB & The Cabe but it looks to me like they buy everything. The storage area I went to had 100 bikes in it and they say they have another warehouse full. Right now they have to vacate the temporary storage so they are going to continue to list bikes on CL till the building is empty. They had a ton of what they call $25 bikes they sell mainly to the local college kids - they haul them right to the school. I saw BMXers, Stingrays, some restored & repop Schwinn ballooners, the Western Flyer repop, and my personal favorite a pretty 2 tone orange Evans Colson. Part 2 To follow.

138.jpg

137.jpg

136.jpg

135.jpg

134.jpg

139.jpg

Man thats a score of a lifetime.Please if you could get more info on the sellers.If they are familiar with our site maybe they could post some of those $25 dollar bikes for us!!If they have an email address maybe we could make beautiful music together!!!!haha

Back