JC HIGGINS BEE HIVE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This one was way too cool to pass up :shock:
I've always loved the looks of the bee hive springers . today i finally got my chance to get one!
I dont know what year it is. I mainly just bought it for the springer and the skiptooth/ balloon tire drivetrain.
Someone along the line had already "cherry picked " because the skirt guards, pedals,and seatpost bolt are all missing ( which is ok cuz i just wanted it for parts anyways ) It has a cool chain guard and rear fender with reflector + housing. NICE PATINA ( ill probably sell those off along with <or without> the frame , etc. )
anyone know what year this is ?
018_zpsd44d8332.jpg

016_zpse67ec971.jpg

022_zps4a080dca.jpg

024_zpsc1aa34e8.jpg

025_zpsc1db2fa8.jpg

Nice springer! Are you keeping it or selling?

Plans are for chumps. Haha

It's always more fun to track and catch one in the wild like that. That's a fine trophy you have, looking forward to how you mount it ! :)
Good bunch of parts with it too.
My 1st Beehive will be arriving in the mail shortly from another kind RRB member and I' was happy to find one...... Forum Hunting.

So once the springer finds a new home what happens to the rest :D
If you want to get rid of the rear reflector let me know :wink:

highship said:
So once the springer finds a new home what happens to the rest :D
If you want to get rid of the rear reflector let me know :wink:

i havent given it much thought actually :mrgreen:

Clean her up and give her a chance, you might end up loving her rather than parting her. Here is my 48/49 ladies Higgins that I bought a few weeks back and will be picking up at Monson next week.
-Brian

CAM00327_zpsaf85687a.jpg

thats a possibility too :lol:
im weak ( thats how i ended up with a zillion bikes :wink: ) :lol: :lol:
ive searched online to figure out the year. no luck

I would say early 50's

is there a serial # database for these anywhere ? i cant seem to find anything :D
i have a shot of the serial # on the bottom bracket in my initial post 8)

If you find a database, let me know. I have a Higgins that I want to figure out as well

:oops: uh oh!
now you got me wondering if mine needs your front fender and skirtguards to keep mine whole. decisions decisions :roll:

Latest posts

Back