jc higgins motorbike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
too much time on my hands this is another winter project i have been working on today was the 1st ride i bought a 2-stroke motor kit 159.95 to your door steps i put on this js higgins bike it starts and runs great not crazy about the tank but it grows on ya after a wile looks like it will be a lot of fun.
DSCN0074.jpg
DSCN0078.jpg
DSCN0076.jpg

Be careful on that, I put a motor on an old Evans cantilever frame and it broke the down tube clean off at the head tube. It could have ended badly. Just be careful and keep a close eye for cracks in the frame.

Mister R said:
Be careful on that, I put a motor on an old Evans cantilever frame and it broke the down tube clean off at the head tube. It could have ended badly. Just be careful and keep a close eye for cracks in the frame.

I was thinking along those lines myself. I don't have any personal experience with motorized bicycles, but the Whizzers I've seen seem to have beefier frames than that Higgins does. That Higgins, no disrespect intended to the workmanship involved in putting the motor on it, looks downright skimpy compared to my CWC bike, and I know CWC built alot of the Whizzer frames back in the day.

Back