Jersey Devils Bicycle Club BIKE SHOW! 6/1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Got a cool bike or kustom creation! You're invited! The Jersey Devils Bicycle Club is holding its first annual Bicycle Show, and best of all...its FREE!

Hope to see you there!

Here's hoping some our Philly, Jersey and Delaware brothers in building can make it. There's even talk of a ride afterwards!

OK, you guys win. I was originally signed up to go to the Tour de Fat/DC but then your event popped up. The tie breaker was a 40 minute one way drive versus a 2 hour plus one way drive. I plan to bring 2 automatic 3-speed cruisers... and caramel sour apple lollipops for bribes :D :D :D .

PS- I Googled the bike shop, took a look around, and it appears that parking is rather sparse. Where do I park? I'd love to bike over but they don't allow bikes on the Delaware Memorial Bridge (yah, right!- lol).

Not to worry! If you get there early enough there'll be parking in back next to the shop After that there's plenty of parking either on side streets or across from the shop in the now closed bank. 8)

1011 Marlton Pike West,Cherry Hill,NJ - If you use that for a fly over using Earth Google,you can see a large public parking lot across the street 1 1/2 blocks to the right.Virgina Ave.( if more parking is needed).There is a traffic light in front of the shop to cross Route 70.

Is it Saturday yet? I packed a large canvas mason's tool bag with stuff, wrote up and laminated descriptions of the bikes I'm bringing, programmed my Tom-Tom GPS, shined up the bikes, and will load them into the van in a few minutes. Other than that, I'm not excited al all... :D :lol: :D ........... Felix C.

I drove an hour and 15 minutes brought some nice bikes out and at 9:50 the owner of the bike shop told me i can't park in the bike parking lot and to move my truck down the side street so his customers can have a place to park .
So with having no place to sit later ,No tents or nothing to get out of the heat and no swap meet vendors I felt it was pretty ...... place for a show .

Geez ,cut us a little slack. It was the FIRST time the Jersey Devils ever did this. We'll work out the kinks next time.
It was all in the spirit of promoting the hobby we all love so much. It's not going to be picture perfect the first time around.
We really appreciate the job Bigcam59 and Spinman did to get this thing off the ground.

It's not easy pulling off an event like this.
You should try it sometime. :!: :x :!: :x :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

For those that left BEFORE the show even began, sorry to hear. You missed a good one. And it was a show, not a swap meet. I know some swappers like to get on site hours before people arrive to snag the best deals, but this wasn't one of those.

It was a great event 1st time or not, as the pics will show.

c1run1 said:
I drove an hour and 15 minutes brought some nice bikes out and at 9:50 the owner of the bike shop told me i can't park in the bike parking lot and to move my truck down the side street so his customers can have a place to park .
So with having no place to sit later ,No tents or nothing to get out of the heat and no swap meet vendors I felt it was pretty bad place for a show .
well I do apologize for running a few minutes late. I also apologize for the miscommunication on the parking. There was parking in back to the right of the shop as well as across the street. No we didn't have any tents, and I do have a 4 inch bright red racing stripe running down my middle because of it. And no, there weren't any swap meet vendors. This wasn't a swap meet, it was a show, or more specifically a bunch of folks hanging out and showing off their rides. All in all though I think things went pretty well, however. Sorry you couldn't have hung out a little longer to enjoy the scene with the rest of of us, but there is always next year. : )

And the proof is in the pictures!
We occupied the entire front of the street.

everything from rats to collectibles were in the show

I learned that the first production "Stingray"type bicyle sopld was not made by Schwinn...

one of the contestants trying out Mini Me...

Clamdigger brought his latest, complete with 2 speed bendix, siren and flashing lights

We present Chris Hinski, owner of Erlton Bike Shop with a special "Friends of the Devils" trophy for not only hosting our show, but for providing hot dogs, drinks and even prizes!

More Pics!
Somehow 2 bikes were given the same registration number so we had a dual prize in the muscle bike category. Must've ben the heat! Both will receive trophies.

the Winners!
Leo Murphy of Blackwood, NJ won both best Kustom, for his immaculate George Barris Bandito, and Devil's Choice for bringing his collection of super nice muscle bikes to the show-

Chris Hughes of Eatontown, NJ picked up the trophy for best Rat bike-

And he shared best Muscle bike with Kira, the daughter of Devils member Space...

and Adam Schoettle won the best antique award for his Roadmaster-

After the awards were given out water was drunk and hot dogs were consumed, it was ride time!
The weather was, well a bit balmy. The Locomotive Breath's thermometer never dipped below 95...

But we weren't gonna let a little thing like heat slow us down!

Finally,back at the shop for some well deserved rest and cold water...

All in all a great day! A great big thanks to everybody that joined us! :cool:

Thanks for sharing the pics....looks like yall had a good time. :D

I agree, organizing events like these can be a challenge and it usually takes holding it 2-3 times to get the kinks worked out.

Thanks for the props, Steve.

We had so little turnout on some local events during our first year. We've lately been amazed on how things have turned around.

Big C has boundless energy for organizing these events, so all the credit goes to him and the folks at Erlton Bikes

nice job guys....looks like a success to me!!

anytime you can mix rats and restobikes all is well!

Back