John Deere

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok -- how would you guys tackle this one -- I know yellow is really tough and shows everything.

For sure lookin at a re sale on this puppy.

Attachments

• IMG_4079.JPG
    IMG_4079.JPG
    277.1 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_4080.JPG
    IMG_4080.JPG
    256.4 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_4081.JPG
    IMG_4081.JPG
    269.6 KB · Views: 214
Looks like Murray dropouts and has cottered cranks. Definitely different. Since it being a John Deere is a selling point, it might be best to sell it as it as a project. With a paint job and shiny handlebars and good seat, you probably wouldn't break even. Or, paint it bright John Deere green and get decals to name it, make it look new and hope someone wants to buy it at a profit.

I agree, it's a Deere, collectors of it will take as is if we're to do, I'd get good shots of logos and stickers. Powder and reassemble a half way or close restoration is going prolly fetch around what it is now... I'd gently wash and wax it call it done

John Deere bikes seem to bring decent money. I would just clean it up and let the next owner paint it There are some John Deere parts listed on ebay now. A nice seat is listed cheap.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back