jolly rancher trike (now with video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: jolly rancher trike

hey corn,

your trike is amazing, very inspirational build---keep on keeping on.

i was in the process of doing a similar stereo setup for my current project, i saw that amp and a few others that might work on amazon. what power supply are you running? i was thinking of converting a rechargable 12V supply from a motorized kid rideable toy or maybe get a marine battery.

thanks,
Dave

Thanks peeps. Almost done.

Hey Dave,
Check ebay under electronics and search mini amp. These work great and are really light weight. Bet the minimum. I got mine for about 15 bucks. They come from china and take about three weeks. But they have treble and bass controls. Which I like. The one for my trike also has a subwoofer control. Wooo hooo.
Currently I am using a 12v 7amp lead acid battery. Very heavy, almost 6 pounds. I get about 8 hours of battery life out of a charge.
But, they came out with a Life Po 12v battery that weighs 2.2 pounds to replace the SLAs.
When my SLA dies, I am going to convert. Thanks for your interest in my build. Hope this helps.

lepai.jpg

This is an amp I used for my two wheeler. I've had it for about 2 years and still works great.

lopie.jpg

thanks corn, your info absolutely helps!
i was trying to have a converted power source from a rechargable battery supply but it seems to much hassle for what its worth---i will def look into the LSA-type power source.

cant wait to see the final trike pix...

Sterrrry-Ho is in. It's loud. I'll have to make a youtube video.
Will post trike pics as soon as I get them taken.

speaker.jpg

looks sweet from here. Bet it looks better in person, that color is awesome. Some pinstripe would set that thing off like a rocket.

Jolly Rancher stage 1 is done. Finally got a sunny day to take some pics.
It's a fun ride. Very heavy though. Not good for hills. Luckily I have only one to contend with.
Electrify? Might have to.

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

topview.jpg

Thanks all.I really appreciate the kind words.
And yes Strings_and_steam. In other words "It rattles me bum"
Next phase, working on an animation to demonstrate the stereo sound and build from beginning to end.
Will post as soon as I get it uploaded to youtube.
Thanks again for this site and inspiration.
corn

Nice tour!
Well done project and video.
Gizmo

Back