Josephine gets a markeover - becomes CRANKY!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to agree w/the black tire thought. Certainly no crime here, it's perfectly good platform for trying out something different. That said, opinion was asked for, opinion was given.

deorman said:
Still unique, still some cool factor in the size, shape, and gadgetry, but....

The vibe is gone. :(

Since you've gone down the road of change here...

If it were me (important part of the sentence there), I'd cut off the two extra BBs on the secondary bar and just run it like a normal single sprocket bike.

I think with the new green paint and the wheel and tire combo the bike needs to be simplified.

The overall frame design is still killer without all of the extra mechanics. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
Since you've gone down the road of change here...
The overall frame design is still killer without all of the extra mechanics. :wink:

My idea.

Difficult to make improvements on such a well-know 'icon'. But you've proven to have the guts to do it. Now just take the few extra steps and make it completely your own. The shiny paint and whitewalls do fit the frame design. The extra mechanical parts however ...not (anymore). Instead, I think it'll look great with a white tankplate with a simple black graphic.

This thing was, still is, and probably always will be a cool bike.
Have fun!

it doesnt have the sweet vibe it had, but thats what pictures are for!
"take a picture, it'll last longer" :p
it now has a different vibe. things are bound to change, and thats ok. highwheeler does as highwheeler wants, and he made the executive decision it needed a change. 8)

Hammond Eggz said:
No offense intended here - obviously this is your bike now to do with it as you wish, and it does look kind of cool, but from my own point of view, Gaskill is an artist whose projects need to be left alone as the original pieces of amazing work that they are. I mean, just because you could buy the Mona Lisa, doesn't mean you should draw in a beach scene in the background, ya know? :wink: Remember, you asked! :mrgreen:

Galtbacken said:
Come on people! To compare this with overpainting the Mona Lisa is just out of proportion! And judging from Gaskills post he's ok with it. He built it, sold it and it seems he even helped the new owner to make some changes to it.

Please note that no insult was intended here; in fact I specifically worded this light-heartedly so as not to hurt any feelings (even mentioned that I thought it did look kind of cool), AND started my statement with the very words you've used: "this is your bike now to do with it as you wish"! :wink:
BUT, he did ask for opinions, and that's what I tried to frankly do. It was not meant as an order or offense, just my humble opinion. And obviously, there is no true comparison with the bike and a DaVinci materpiece, it was merely an over-the-top way of easily clarifying my point. 8)
Obviously, several other folks feel the same way I do - so I'm sorry if I ruffled any feathers here, but opinions were solicited, and I gave mine as honestly and diplomatically as I could. :|

Just ride your bike bro, each of us has our own style and there is no law to say that a man cant customize his bicycle to his own liking. Which is obviously what you did. when ever i get a bike i have to at least do one thing to make it mine, large or minor. Ride the bike, and take pics cause i wanna see someone on this thing. :mrgreen:

Back