July 4 2012 - Smoking Ribs - Attn: B607

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd take a few pictures of the Spare Ribs I smoked today for tonight's Dinner.

Not exactly Fireworks, but fire was involved! :D

Also this is the first time that I used some of the Cherry wood I got from Gary - B607.
We did a wood exchange via USPS Large Flat Rate Boxes.
He sent me some beautiful Cherry that I don't have access to locally,
and I sent up a box of Mesquite wood which we have an abundance of around here.

Getting the fire basket loaded up.

image5516.jpg

3 racks of Pork Spares - cut in half. They were seasoned last night with my own dry rub.

image5518.jpg

They really filled up one rack on the UDS smoker.

image5520.jpg

Smoking along nicely between 250-300F.

image5521.jpg

While the ribs are smoking outside, I went back inside the blessed A/C and brewed up some BBQ sauce.

image5522.jpg

Every 30 minutes or so, I spritzed them with some Apple Juice and turned them.

image5524.jpg

A little over 4 hours later, they were pulling back on the bones and were ready to come off the smoker.
Wait a minute -- What happened to about half of them ?? :shock:
I smoked some of them for my buddy who is having a Fireworks watching party tonight and he came by for them before I got a picture. :D

image5525.jpg

Pulled them off the smoker and put them into an Oven Bag, and into a cooler to "rest" until supper.

image5526.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the play by play, and had a wonderful and safe 4th of July!

I can almost smell that stuff from here! My neighbor used your mesquite yesterday and made pulled pork. He brought me some and it was great. The mesquite really adds the flavor. We'll do another trade sometime. Thanks again. Gary

Latest posts

Back