Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 8/08 DONE! link to pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Junk Bros. Build LOCO-CYCLE 7/29 Not done, but close!

Well, vacation is over, I'm tired, I'm burnt, but I'm building! I welded a nut to the brake lever so I could run a screw into the slot on the rear downtube. I think it cleans up the rear by not having to use a brake band.

I also spent more time than I wanted getting the chain on. I had issues with chainguard clearance but got them worked out. The bike rides amazingly well.

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

Looking good man!!!
I love it when builds start wrapping up and it all comes together.
I forgot about that tailight.

Thanks guys, you have both been a driving force on this build and I appreciate the feedback. Been a while since I was staring at the whale...

It's actually raining but I can't let that stop me. Just some random shots of some of the details. The keyed switch on the tank turns on some green leds under the seat and behind the slots on the tank. I'll try to get some pics of it tonight. The headlight and tail light are turned on by the brake levers.

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00380.jpg

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

Come to Smoopy's show in September and we will trade... for a while! Actually the bike fits me well, but I'm normal sized (5'6") aren't you like, abnormally large or something? :mrgreen:

Rode the whale in the rain. Yes, this bike is a rider. I still have a couple of things I want to do but this is basically how it'll look. It doesn't look anything like what I thought it would, but I didn't really have a plan to start with.

DSC00383.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

Looks like a lot of guys are reaching the end. It's been great and good luck to everyone.

Rg

If custom means booger welds and bondo, yeah it's custom! You know, the chain guard was just about the first thing I worked on, I almost gave up on it but I'm glad I didn't. As far as paint, I wouldn't have tried so hard on it if I hadn't seen your daughter's bicycle. I figured if you can get that kind of finish from a rattlecan, I would give it a try. Plus your current build off bike is awesome too!

Rg

Man that looks GOOD 8) :mrgreen:

See, I had forgetten about the brake lever switched bunny egg headlight too.

This build turned out incredible!!!! WOW!!!!! What a finished product!!!!!!

Awesome build! :D Looks classy :mrgreen:

I had a feeling this build was going to be crazy cool. This is one of my favorites so far. That is the coolest cantilever I have ever seen! :shock:

I am REALLY liking the colors, the stance, etc.

Peat...you going to Smoopys? I think I am heading down myself with the Higgins.

This is such a classy build. The brown and cream accents, and that fabrege egg headlight. I'd be right proud to own that bike.

Terry66 said:
I had a feeling this build was going to be crazy cool. This is one of my favorites so far. That is the coolest cantilever I have ever seen! :shock:

I am REALLY liking the colors, the stance, etc.

Peat...you going to Smoopys? I think I am heading down myself with the Higgins.

Thanks Terry, next year I'm building YOUR bike... :mrgreen:

ruddigger said:
This is such a classy build. The brown and cream accents, and that fabrege egg headlight. I'd be right proud to own that bike.

Thanks, I like it, and my wife was shocked it came out so well. She hated the bike when I brought it home.

Dude this bike is Smokin'!!! You outdid yourself! Wow

Thanks guys. I still have some work to do on the headlight, I've been riding it quite a bit and a hard bump will make the front bezel fall off. I can't have that going on, so I'm looking for a cure, any suggestions?

Rg

raggedjim said:
Thanks guys. I still have some work to do on the headlight, I've been riding it quite a bit and a hard bump will make the front bezel fall off. I can't have that going on, so I'm looking for a cure, any suggestions?

Rg

A small set screw in the bottom center? That or just go around it a few times with duct tape. :mrgreen:

Terry66 said:
raggedjim said:

Rg
go around it a few times with duct tape. :mrgreen:

That is what I want to avoid! Set screw may be my only option, but I hate to do it.

Rg

Latest posts

Back